X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basskiller
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003

Warning -- malware -- spammer

You may want to pass this around to the other forums as well This hasn't happened here at A-E as yet.. But be on the look out!!!!!

this Quote was posted by biotech, so thanks goes to him for catching this guy
    a member with the name bestforumteam they were a junior member no posts with a link saying my computer had a virus detected! This is a link to a unsecure website that will give your computer a virus. If you recieve any type of pms like this please contact a mod or admin.
    thanks biotech

what I've found out is that the guy that biotech caught is apparently hitting up every forum that they can and instead of posting in a thread, they are PM'ing members. Very slick move.

Spammer's name bestforumteam
    Google <-- the listing of places they've already spammed
    you can see by this link that they are definitely making their rounds and it's only a matter of time that they could be spamming your members and or friends
    So get the word out that warning your friends and sites that bestforumteam is sending PM's with malicious coded links (malware -trojens -spyware) contained in them the links leads to sites that will infect your computer..

also remember, the name can and probably will change.. Warn your members that if someone they don't know sends them a link in a PM.. forward it to an admin or mod.. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!!!!!
    basskiller
    Owner of
    Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
    basskilleronline.com
Working...