Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.Matrix
    • Oct 2007

Another health question

Again I've got something funny going on. For about a week now, my left arm has been sore in certain spots. Sometimes it's on the high part of my tricep, sometimes down low by my elbow, sometimes my forearm, sometimes my finger tips. Nothing I can tell is cramping in my arm, there is just an off and on soreness. Some parts of the day it's there, other times it's not.

I had a post about some numbness in my pinky, so I'm thinking there might be some nerve damage there that has now started to cause some soreness in areas of my arm. There is no bruising or swelling. It's really starting to piss me off though. It feels like a pump, like a tightness wherever it is in my arm at the time. Any ideas? I'm planning on going to the doc this week to get a bunch of tests done cause I'm 23 and I feel like I'm fucking falling apart.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Sounds like you have a little inflammation of the median nerve, often this occurs in the elbow area due to an exercise such as skull crushers or similar triceps exercise, this would explain the numbness in the pinky.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• J.Matrix
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Sounds like you have a little inflammation of the median nerve, often this occurs in the elbow area due to an exercise such as skull crushers or similar triceps exercise, this would explain the numbness in the pinky.
      Thanks for the suggestion dude. I'll mention that as a possibility. I'm seeing my doc on Wednesday, gonna have him do an EKG, bloodwork for cholesterol levels and anything else he suggests. The thing is, there is absolutely ZERO history of heart problems or high cholesterol in either side of my family. In fact, my blood pressure has always been a very healthy low. But I still want to try to pinpoint what the hell is going on. The more I read, the more I think it's some sort of nerve damage.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

The test that you need is an EMG and perhaps a nerve conduction test.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• CO-B16
          Vet
          • May 2004

Welcome to my world....Ive had to change my workouts years ago due to elbow and wrist issues....No more skull crushers, no more super close grip press, no more straight barbell curls.....You might have to start adjusting some of the exercises you do....Its all about angles when it comes to the joints.....
          THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• J.Matrix
            • Oct 2007

Just posting my results from the Doc. He says it's my ulnar nerve that I've damaged, nothing serious. The way it's intertwined with the muscles in my arm, it sometimes will cause an achy feeling. Blood pressure was still a healthy low, heart sounded great, everything else looked great. I scheduled a stress test anyways, even though my Doc said I'm in great shape. Guess I got kinda paranoid about a lot of nothing

Comment

Working...