May just be being paranoid

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Sexy

May just be being paranoid

I'm on a cycle so I've been lifting heavy and have been doing abs every other day. I have a pain in my lower abdomen kinda in the groin area. I kinda think its a strain just because I'm not used to doing abs but since its in the area that its in it has me worried that it's a hernia. It doesn't hurt all the time I've still been lifting heavy, just avoiding the abs, but it does hurt when i sneeze and cough. It's not a terrible pain but it is noticeable. Has anyone had a hernia before or know of anyone who has had one? Do these symptoms sound familiar?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Big Sexy
    I'm on a cycle so I've been lifting heavy and have been doing abs every other day. I have a pain in my lower abdomen kinda in the groin area. I kinda think its a strain just because I'm not used to doing abs but since its in the area that its in it has me worried that it's a hernia. It doesn't hurt all the time I've still been lifting heavy, just avoiding the abs, but it does hurt when i sneeze and cough. It's not a terrible pain but it is noticeable. Has anyone had a hernia before or know of anyone who has had one? Do these symptoms sound familiar?
    I have had the same symptoms as you and got checked for a hernia, I was only experiencing muscle strain, but it was a relief for me to know wtf was going on.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big Sexy

Originally posted by liftsiron
      I have had the same symptoms as you and got checked for a hernia, I was only experiencing muscle strain, but it was a relief for me to know wtf was going on.
      Yea I'm plannin on getting it checked out if the pain lasts another week or so. I've had muscle strains before and I think that's what I have now, its just the location its in makes me nervous.

Comment

• 956Vette

For now back off the intensity, focus on breathing and definitely get it checked out. Hernia surgery is no fun. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Comment

• John Benz
          Vet
          • Jan 2004

I had 2 hernia surgeries last May. The first one started just as you describe. I let it go for a few years, and when it got very painful a year ago, I had it repaired. The surgeon found another on the left side and said he had to remove my appendix as well, as it had gotten incarcerated in my intenstines. Still having complications. Go get checked asap.

Comment

Working...