Needing some feedback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Sexy

Needing some feedback

I have this problem in my left elbow where it hurts and makes this light cracking noise (only once when I'm warming up) when i curl do lift back. I thought it was tendinitis but i haven't been lifting back or bis for the last month and it still hurts pretty badly when i try. My g/f is in school right now to be a physical therapist and she thinks it might be a slightly torn tendon. I have no noticeable swelling and there is no bruise (the area was red but that has gone away). I am still able to my usual routine except for back and bis, wouldn't this injury make it difficult to do any weight lifting exercises?
  • Big Sexy

and yes i am going to get this checked out by a doctor but I just got a job and need to know what insurance policy to go with.

Comment

• Lokedogg
      Vet
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Big Sexy
      I have this problem in my left elbow where it hurts and makes this light cracking noise (only once when I'm warming up) when i curl do lift back. I thought it was tendinitis but i haven't been lifting back or bis for the last month and it still hurts pretty badly when i try. My g/f is in school right now to be a physical therapist and she thinks it might be a slightly torn tendon. I have no noticeable swelling and there is no bruise (the area was red but that has gone away). I am still able to my usual routine except for back and bis, wouldn't this injury make it difficult to do any weight lifting exercises?
      In trying to figure out what's wrong need to figure out what you was doing around the time you first noticed it.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

You may have tennis elbow, which is just a generic term for inflamation in the elbow joint. Anti inflammatory meds. and avoiding exercise that cause pain to the area. If you do skull crushers...stop.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Scotsmark
          VET
          • Apr 2005

Couple of questions for you;

What are you doing that makes it crack
          does it hurt when it cracks
          is the pain on the upper or lower part of the elbow (bottom of tricep or top of forearm)
          is there a loss of power or sensation in your hand/fingers

It could be a number of things but the advice I'd give you now is to take glucosamine at around 3g/day, plenty of fish oils, glutamine & a good anti oxidant. Use the tried & tested hot & cold method, ice pack followed by a hot wrap, 5 minutes each for 3 rounds, do this morning & night and as soon as you get home from the gym.
          Lifts suggested anti inflammatories but use them sparingly and only if the pain is unbearable.

Comment

• OKMEDIC
            • Oct 2007

Hot & Cold method works wonders!!! Do iiiiiitttt..
            The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• Sadie

is it popping.. almost like its stuck then lets out a pop and releases? my right elbow does that.. its tendonitis

Comment

Working...