X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neuromancer
    Vet
    • Dec 2014

GH Dose/Frequency & Insulin Resistance

So I've been reading about gh and insulin resistance since I've started my most recent run with growth. It is believed by some that more frequent administration of growth throughout the day will lead to more insulin resistance than one larger dose will and this response is dose dependent. I have also seen that in many people issues of resistance begin around 6ius and up in most people.

I'm currently running 6ius and previously was doing 2iu first thing in the am and then 4ius pre-workout. I just started doing one larger dose pre-workout to see if it gives me "better" numbers on my BG meter (I have had a few that were a little concerning and considered borderline pre-diabetic). I also have NOT added insulin as of yet and I am trying to keep myself insulin sensitive with supps and other measures before adding actual insulin if possible and will most likely add two very conservative doses of insulin on growth days.

Are we still of the mindset that the body can only utilize a very certain and fairly small amount of gh per dose so each dose should be limited and frequency increased so as not to "waste" any or are these old beliefs that have been proven to be incorrect? In the past I have always split up doses but I have seen single dosing being quite popular recently so I'm quite interested.

Basically I am concerned about insulin resistance but also want to maximize the efficacy of the growth so I am all ears as to what you guys have experienced with or without labwork backing it up.

Thanks fellas...
    Last edited by Neuromancer; 09-11-2017, 07:01 PM.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I like 4-5 ius first thing in the morning, the results are very good..
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Neuromancer
      Vet
      • Dec 2014

I train after work around 5pm and have been taking a loaded pin on ice with me to work and dose about an hour prior to the gym. The pumps are massive and workouts are definitely improved. However, it's also suggested that you dose in the morning to avoid interaction with carbs. I've also heard it simply doesn't matter, just make sure you get your dose for the day in.

For my case and dosing once daily do you think dosing in the morning while avoiding carbs for an hour or so would be more beneficial than dosing pre workout when I most certainly cannot avoid the carb intake (not willing to miss meals around my training). Or is it better to dose pre-workout regardless of the environment.

This is why I was dosing at both times but it does make sense that more frequent dosing could lend itself to greater insulin resistance... Hence my questioning.

Thanks Lifts.
      Last edited by Neuromancer; 09-12-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Neuromancer
        I train after work around 5pm and have been taking a loaded pin on ice with me to work and dose about an hour prior to the gym. The pumps are massive and workouts are definitely improved. However, it's also suggested that you dose in the morning to avoid interaction with carbs. I've also heard it simply doesn't matter, just make sure you get your dose for the day in.

For my case and dosing once daily do you think dosing in the morning while avoiding carbs for an hour or so would be more beneficial than dosing pre workout when I most certainly cannot avoid the carb intake (not willing to miss meals around my training). Or is it better to dose pre-workout regardless of the environment.

This is why I was dosing at both times but it does make sense that more frequent dosing could lend itself to greater insulin resistance... Hence my questioning.

Thanks Lifts.
        IMO I don't think it matters, I've tried every which way that I ever heard of and have gotten the same results. So I do what is most convenient for me.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Neuromancer
          Vet
          • Dec 2014

I've heard that quite a bit too. ☺️

Thanks again, Lifts!

Comment

Working...