Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
does cycleing raise creatinine ?

if cycleing raises creatinine how long after will it return to norm ? or maybe a shorter cycle ?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Glycomann

CAn be a sign of kidney wear and tear or just more muscle mass. Keep an eye on your BP. You don't want it to go high for long stretches. If you get over 1.5 you should at least a urinalysis and if headed toward 2.0 you should probably get a sonagram.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:38 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Creatinine levels go up after training with weights. I never train for at least 24 hours prior blood work.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Creatinine levels go up after training with weights. I never train for at least 24 hours prior blood work.
That's a good point. Also eating meat, especially red meat can raise it prior to testing. It's probably a good idea to take 2 days off training before bloods. Other stuff can be off as well lie liver enzymes and creatinine kinases (CPK). Once I had mune done day after a grappling comp and my CPK was through the roof.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
water43
Vet

thanks bros just tryin to see what to expect when I get labs at my next doc appt. and how I will explain it away until the results return to norm....
Old 03-21-2018, 01:44 AM   #6
JanettaColeman
Banned

JanettaColeman is on a distinguished road
I have no idea about this.
JanettaColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
My creatinine levels reached 1.8 while on my last cycle and my doc had me go for a sonogram and kidney biopsy but came back negative for kidney disease. As I didn't want to disclose my gear use I went along with it.
As for my BP it was crazy high at 160/100 so got some lisinopril, and that helped some.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #8
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
My creatinine levels reached 1.8 while on my last cycle and my doc had me go for a sonogram and kidney biopsy but came back negative for kidney disease. As I didn't want to disclose my gear use I went along with it.
As for my BP it was crazy high at 160/100 so got some lisinopril, and that helped some.
Thanks for that.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #9
water43
Vet

crap when my bp is as low as160/100 i'm kinda relieved but my last doc appt it was like 190/115-200 119 his nurse was nervous saying I was stroke level ! hey I deal with bp that high or higher all the time and I,m on 3 different types of bp meds...its just when meds reach there half live my bp soars or I,m workin out...and yes I have kidney damage from high bp and diabetes for years oh and yes I found out by test results that creatinine is going up on cycle but will go back dwn afterwards

Last edited by water43; 07-08-2018 at 09:45 AM..
water43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #10
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
I noticed that when I had a routine physical and had lifted the day before the test and my doc got concerned about the values so had some extensive testing done and no kidney issues thankfully. Been trying to also drink more water.

Next time I get a physical I will make sure I don't train for 72 hours before a blood draw. Will be a bit of a disruption but will ensure I have an accurate value.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:11 AM   #11
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
solid points by Glyco and Lifts...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #12
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by water43 View Post
crap when my bp is as low as160/100 i'm kinda relieved but my last doc appt it was like 190/115-200 119 his nurse was nervous saying I was stroke level ! hey I deal with bp that high or higher all the time and I,m on 3 different types of bp meds...its just when meds reach there half live my bp soars or I,m workin out...and yes I have kidney damage from high bp and diabetes for years oh and yes I found out by test results that creatinine is going up on cycle but will go back dwn afterwards
FUQUE man get on some BP meds.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #13
ESTROGEN GUY
VET

ESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura about
Stay hydrated. Most of this can be avoided
ESTROGEN GUY is online now   Reply With Quote