• Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Golds

Good stuff here...

• Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Good stuff. It looks nothing like it did years ago. The Playground is completely different. I remember the first time I summed up the courage to work out with the monsters there.
    The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Very Cool.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Superior
        • Aug 2018

Interesting read
        http;//.

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

I sat and read the whole thing. Thanks DPH
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Imagine how fucked up that would be creating such an iconic gym - literally a household name, and then you can't even get the name back - your OWN name! No wonder he regretted selling it. Interesting that Weider & Arnold were in different corners on the matter of Joe Gold creating World Gym. So the SAME guy creates 2 of the most famous gyms ever - friggin' crazy!

Draisin must have SERIOUSLY regretted getting no permanent residuals for his design of the logos for BOTH gyms. Think of the millions of shirts, hoodies, tank tops, sweat pants, etc sold over the past 45 years worldwide with the Golds & World gym logo on them - he'd be worth many millions.

Had Joe kept Golds gym, he said he would have never allowed Pumping Iron to be filmed there since it disrupted members working out. The thought - no Pumping Iron. Wow. How that could have possibly affected the entire history of bodybuilding thereafter.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

What's reallly cheezy is Joe Weider having that sculpture made of his head on Robby's torso. Then using a giant image if it as the background display at the Olympia. IIRC Robby didn't get one cent for that - believe I heard him say so himself in a YT interview.

Comment

Working...