Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2018, 10:52 PM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Cornhole Championships on ESPN!

That's right - Cornhole. Fukking cornhole!LOL We got cornhole, curling, all-male cheerleading, eat-the-most-hotdogs-in-60-seconds, and yet not even ONE bodybuilding fukkin' contest. Not even the Superbowl of bodybuilding!

Think about that shit for a sec. ESPN used to have regular workout shows with ACTUAL bodybuilders in them, ie, Flex Magazine workout, Body Shaping, the other one with Rick Valliente and the cutie pies on the beach, etc etc. What does that say about HOW much bodybuilding has fallen from mainstream in the past 20 years? Sure it will always be a cult sport (or "thing", if you prefer), but we're not talking that.

Did Joe Weider REALLY piss someone off at ESPN back in the day? I mean wtf? Sure we can say roids', but hell that can't be a solo excuse since we (and ESPN) all know roids are involved in damn near every sport there is at the top level. So what gives? Hotdog-eating and cornoles??

What's ya'lls take? What do you guys think the answer is (if any) to get it back mainstream? Classic perhaps?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
ESPN caters to snowflakes, I don't even watch it anymore...haven't for many many years.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:30 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
It's about as exciting as watching bowling or golf.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
ESPN caters to snowflakes, I don't even watch it anymore...haven't for many many years.
Who you shittin'? You PM'ed me last month about the Korean girl you seen on ESPN that ate 397 hotdogs in 60 seconds fruitcake.

Nah I'm the same for the reasons I mentioned with the exception of football season. College games, I don't watch much NFL so I watch sportcenter to get a quick take of the games/scores. Classic ESPN rules though - they show alot of old school boxing.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
It's about as exciting as watching bowling or golf.

I heard you guys up north like taking your 22 y.o college chicas bowling to get them drunk?
Old 09-05-2018, 02:41 AM   #6
Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66 is on a distinguished road
When I was young, we had BB contests on HBO, ESPN, the TV shows on ESPN that you mentioned (Fitness Beach w/ Kiana Tom really worked, my forearms / wrists got in great shape). Hell, even Powerlifting used to be on TV w/ Greg Gumbel and Terry Todd commenting. Most muscle-sports are looked upon as niche' freak sports that normal public cant comprehend. Only thing that stood test of time is Strongman. (WSM).
Rot-Iron66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
It is called the feminization of America brothers. I sometimes think I must be the last John Wayne left alive.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
Friggemall

Its all bullshit. I'm old like lifts, lol, and always loved watching the bodybuilding shows on tv. This crap is out of hand with the dancing and other crap on the channel and all the damn talk shows talking about sports vs showing them. Hell they don't even mention bodybuilding. Another sport I love and have played most my life is men's fastpitch softball...they show womens and sill also show some slopitch garbage, but they dont ever do anything for mens, not even the world tournament.