X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Keto increases LBM AND testosterone levels

There has been some debate on whether you can put on muscle mass while on a Keto diet. My experience has been a positive one. I have read some threads and suggestions that Keto was incompatible with gaining LBM.

I heard a Joe Rogan interview where he referred to Keto increasing testosterone levels so I did a quick search. It appears there is something too it.

I personally had good results but didn't use a strict ratio diet but rather kept a constant monitor on ketosis buy using several keto sticks a day to see where I was. I would increase protein until it would take me out of Ketosis. My experience was that I could eat a fair amount of protein that was higher than the recommended diet for keto and yet stay in ketosis.

Here is the study I googled.

Wilson, JM, Lowery, RP, Roberts, MD, Sharp, MH, Joy, JM, Shields, KA, Partl, JM, Volek, JS, and D'Agostino, DP. Effects of ketogenic dieting on body composition, strength, power, and hormonal profiles in resistance training men. J Strength Cond Res 34(12): 3463-3474, 2020-This study investigated the …
    The older I get the better I used to be.
Working...