X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Puff88
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Help finding new doctor

I moved last summer and have been putting off finding a new primary doctor in the area. Long story short, I'm 31 and would like to establish a relationship with a new doctor, get a traditional physical and bloodwork done, and also talk to them about doing a hormone panel as I feel like I experience some sides of low T. I know many doctors are anti TRT treatment, and even some that are ok with it still seem to be like pulling teeth trying to get them to let you do self administered shots on your own rather than gels or dr administered shots. Not saying I need TRT today, but in time when my levels show that TRT would be beneficial for me, I want to know I have a relationship with a doctor that will be open minded with treatment.

Anyhow, can anyone help point me in the direction of how to find a TRT friendly GP in NJ?

Or am I better off going the test clinic/anti aging clinic route? If so, what is the best way to research the quality of one clinic over the other?
  • Puff88
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Also, when I say a dr that is open minded to treatment, I also mean one that understands being at the "low end" of the range does not mean that things are all good and peachy.

Comment

• Beef Newton
      VET
      • Nov 2018

I think your best bet is a Functional Medicine doctor. Traditional doctors (ones that are GP's) just don't cut it for hormone issues... or any issue that isn't easily solved by whatever software they're using at this time. Even endocrinologists are frustrating, but you can find a good endo if you look hard enough. If you're trying to get it all covered by insurance, probably a clinic is your easiest and best bet. I went through my clinic phase years ago. Stay away from IMT or anything Andro Medical Group. They suck mega donkey dick. Defy Medical was one that I was considering after that, but I ended up striking out on my own.

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Puff88
        Also, when I say a dr that is open minded to treatment, I also mean one that understands being at the "low end" of the range does not mean that things are all good and peachy.
        You want an anti aging and wellness clinic. Primary care won't do anything for you. If you hit me up in a p.m. I can give you a number

Comment

Working...