Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Member Photos
User Name
Password

Old 12-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Before pic Winter Solstice 2018

Broke legg and ankle in Feb 2016, laid up for 11 months, gained 50 lbs. Also ended up with a candida infection of my gut causing bloating. Had umbilical cord hernia surgery Sept 2017, so my abs became non-existent. In April 2018, weighing 285, I decided it was time to reverse these process'. I started dieting but took no pills, just daily packets of Stevia Balance to get rid of the gut gasses. Slowly but surely I made strides; was happy for a 1/2 lb/week loss, that was my long range target. Am 59 years old. Mid December 2018, made it down to 255BW and lost 5 belt loops on my work belt (worn every week). Been lifting off and on with my 18 year old daughter since September, but light weight and mostly volume training, (Supersets, 2 opposing muscle groups at 10x10 each). To some this sounds excessive but the muscle is old, just need to condition it initially so I went this route.
Now it's time to up the anti, so I am starting my 90 day to Spring training program, (100 supersets by the Spring Equinox on March 20, 2019, plus leg raises and pushups several nights per week. Goal is to get my shape back, avoid injury and trim down to at least 235.
Here are my before pics; not very flattering but I'm putting them out there. Here is the relaxed front pose taken 12/21/2018.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedWinter Solstice 18 Fr_LICV.jpg (834.1 KB, 67 views)
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
mrhtbd

Relaxed side pose taken 12/21/2018 (I don't stand pigeon-toed but the guy snapped it as I was turning. Either way look at that fat at 6' 255lbs.. Imagine how bad it was at 285?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedWinter Solstice 18 side_LICV.jpg (832.2 KB, 66 views)
Old 12-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
mrhtbd

Start pic, 12/21/2018, 6' 255lbs down from 285 in April 2018. (Sorry about the picture no matter how I save it it always presents turned left. Oh well, but there is the starting point, wish me luck and consistency!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winter Solstice 18 Back Dbl Bicep ud.jpg (30.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 12-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Great progress, brother! Looking good. How's diet? Keep up the good work!
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Given your age bro, you are looking pretty darn good.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
A1food4u

good work man...
Old 12-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Dude you have THE worst luck. At least your getting back to it. Are you running anything to help or just bring natty for now? Keep plugging away.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:39 PM   #8
mrhtbd

Poor nothing for now. The best part is lifting with my 18 year old daughter. We laugh all the time but since she looks like her Mom more in the face we always get looks like, “What’s she see in that old dude!” Ha, it’s funny!
Old 12-29-2018, 10:51 PM   #9
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhtbd View Post
Poor nothing for now. The best part is lifting with my 18 year old daughter. We laugh all the time but since she looks like her Mom more in the face we always get looks like, “What’s she see in that old dude!” Ha, it’s funny!
Lol you think people would put that together. Seems you have the more important things in life dialed in currently. Some things money can't buy.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Lol you think people would put that together. Seems you have the more important things in life dialed in currently. Some things money can't buy.
Good to see things are swinging your way.