Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Health and medical articles
User Name
Password

Old 08-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Benefits of Donating Blood While Cycling

Donating blood is a great way to do something good and potentially save a life. If your blood matches someone’s in need, what you donated can be put into that individual in the event that they underwent blood loss whether from surgery or an accident. Thousands of lives are saved every year because people went out and donated blood when they were able. What some of these people don’t realize are the health benefits for the donor. This article showcases some of those benefits and will hopefully get you out there to donate soon.

Lower your risk of heart disease

Men, heart disease is a huge killer our demographic. When we don’t donate blood, we accumulate iron in our bodies. Iron helps promote free radicals in the body that can do damage to our cells—either morphing them or killing them. When we eat red meat on a regular basis, we put our iron levels through the roof. Excess iron in the body will get stored in the liver, pancreas, and heart. This can increase your chances of heart disease. For that reason, start donating blood to remove some of the iron from your system.
2. Lower your risk of cancer

As mentioned above, excess iron in the body causes free radicals to form which can alter cells and cause some forms of cancer. When you remove excess iron from your system every eight weeks (two months) it allows your body a chance to stabilize without the need to be fighting off excess free radicals due to a large amount of iron in the body. Healthy levels of iron are necessary to maintain your overall health and reduce the risk of cancer.
3. Lower your risk of liver damage

Excess iron that is stored in the body can go directly to an organ such as the liver. The constant excess supply of iron can have some damaging effects on the liver such as cirrhosis. In order to prevent damaging your liver, you need to keep your iron levels under control. This can be done through regularly donating blood every two months or by limiting foods that contain a lot of iron such as red meat.
4. Improved health

When you donate blood, your body produces new blood cells. This donation process is almost like detoxifying the body and allowing new blood cells to be formed. When you replace what was lost with new cells, it helps you maintain overall better health when compared to not donating and potentially having damaged or morphed cells in your body that can cause many different illnesses and diseases. It’s also said that those who regularly donate blood also don’t seem to be hospitalized as often and if they are, it’s for a much shorter stay when compared to individuals who don’t donate blood.
5. Lower the risk of blockages

When you don’t donate blood, you risk the chance of your blood becoming thick—think about high viscosity. When the oil in your car gets old it starts becoming thicker and doesn’t flow seamlessly through your engine. When that happens, what can it cause? Your motor to stop functioning. The same thing can happen inside your body. When the viscosity of your blood is high, it doesn’t flow and can create a blockage which can cause a heart attack or stroke. Reduce the amount of blood you have in your body by donating and relieve some of the pressure on your blood vessels and their lining. It allows the blood to flow more easily throughout the body.
6. It’s a free “check-up”

Nothing will replace your doctor by any stretch of the imagination, but between well-visits you can donate blood and have several different tests completed free of charge. There are 13 different tests that your blood is checked for such as HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, West Nile Virus, and other infectious diseases. Should any of those tests come back as positive, they will notify you immediately. Before your blood is taken, they will check your blood pressure as well to ensure that is in the healthy range. On top of those, your body temperature along with hemoglobin will be checked as well. This is just an added precaution that they can look at to ensure you don’t have any illnesses that need medical attention.
7. Burn some extra calories

Who wouldn’t like to burn some extra calories for minimal effort and sitting in a chair? I know my hand is raised in the air—probably yours too. On average, people burn around 650 calories when they are donating a pint of blood. While this isn’t a significant number, if you donate blood every eight weeks that number can turn into 3,900 calories by the end of the year (potentially saving you a pound of weight gain). This shouldn’t be perceived as a weight loss plan by any stretch of the imagination nor should it be used strictly for such. The calories used are actually from the body replenishing itself.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Interesting. Even more motivation to give blood...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Interesting. Even more motivation to give blood...
Yep...I try and donate every 3-4 months myself.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
kinetix

THIS IS VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION AND IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE.

KEEP AN EYE OUT WHEN YOUR ON EQ IT WILL DRASTICALLY INCREASE RED BLOOD CELLS.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Thundergod
VET

Thundergod is on a distinguished road
I donate every 2months simply because of the benefits and helping to save a life
Thundergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Got an appointment this Friday
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #7
profilehair01

profilehair01 is on a distinguished road
donating blood is good for health.
profilehair01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Dr Rand

Great info on blood donation, HBP and the high importance of magnesium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ4-bBpu9kQ

Last edited by Dakota; 03-11-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #9
theprince
Banned

theprince is on a distinguished road
Donating blood is one of the best ways to lower blood pressure. It's like letting too much air out of a tire....it appalls me when my clients have told me their doctors have never recommended this as a good method of lowering blood pressure.

Instead, I have to attempt to help people who have two failing kidneys because of 5 years on blood pressure medications oops i mean poisons.

The fear of effects from high blood pressure is used to sucker many people in to a more dangerous option. They think it's not until again, their kidneys are failing. I've posted in another thread how to easily lower your blood pressure naturally with HERBS and combined with donating blood every 3-4 months you're fucking golden.
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #10
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprince View Post
Donating blood is one of the best ways to lower blood pressure. It's like letting too much air out of a tire....it appalls me when my clients have told me their doctors have never recommended this as a good method of lowering blood pressure.

Instead, I have to attempt to help people who have two failing kidneys because of 5 years on blood pressure medications oops i mean poisons.

The fear of effects from high blood pressure is used to sucker many people in to a more dangerous option. They think it's not until again, their kidneys are failing. I've posted in another thread how to easily lower your blood pressure naturally with HERBS and combined with donating blood every 3-4 months you're fucking golden.
What homeos do you think are actually effective a reduction of HBP? I am often on the edge and would much prefer to keep it down with supps if possible.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #11
Ripitup
VET

Ripitup is on a distinguished road
Giving blood is like a human oil change. Do it regularly.
Ripitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #12
01dragonslayer
Banned

....just donated today.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #13
drmohansingh
Banned

drmohansingh is on a distinguished road
while donating the blood new blood is produced
drmohansingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #14
MrSaito
VET

MrSaito is on a distinguished road
I'm especially sensitive and even on just 250mg/wk of Test Cyp my hemoglobin levels will be between 18.2-18.5. I donate double red as often as I'm allowed (every 4 months like clockwork), but they told me this time that my hemoglobin was almost too high donate (18.5).

Can I donate to more than one clinic or is there some central database that will catch it. I'm think Red Cross in addition to my normal clinic to help keeps things in check.

Thanks for any feedback!
MrSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:56 AM   #15
zillagraybeard
VET

zillagraybeard is on a distinguished road
Do it all the time. Good to get the oil changed!!
zillagraybeard is offline   Reply With Quote