Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
mrhtbd

damn, strained left upper-inner calf

Very painful, calf very swollen. Crazy because I always thought my calves were indestructible.
Was riding a bycicle last week and it's been bothering me since.
Big knot in the calf muscle.
Any tips?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

Age. Gotta love it eh brah? In 2006, at work, I made a fast dart from sitting in a chair to the control panel on the machine to hit the emergency stop button due to the machine fucking up. Mid stride, it felt like somebody hit the back of my calf with a baseball bat as hard they could. Torn calf. I was 42. Thats why I warmup VERRRRRRY thoroughly in the gym no matter what bdpt I'm hitting that day. We're not 22 anymore brah...I can still go as heavy as I always have, BUT, I must warm-up and stretch more these days before I get to the heavy shit.

Tips? The obvious...rest it, ice it, heat it. In the future, stretch your calves good before you do ANY kind of cycling, jogging, etc. They say nowadays that stretching before exercise is a no-no. FUCK THAT! I dont buy it. The ONLY times I have strained a muscle be it back, pec, etc is when I did NOT stretch it enuff. I stretch the muscle I'm hitting that day before I kick the iron, AND in between sets also.

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 06-25-2010 at 01:02 AM..