X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Power Red donation.... why me?

I did a power red donation. Just in time my iron was way up there.

The Phlebotomist sticks me and somehow I start bleeding before he gets it right. Clean up on isle one.

Then half way though, the machine alarms and he says. "I have never seen that before" (the shit you don't want to hear during anything medical)

The machines says there is a spill. Someone else comes and straightens things out. I finally finish.

I leave and look down and my arm and I am leaking through the gauge and when I pull it off I have at least 2 ccs of blood under the skin. I re bandage everything and it all subsides and the blood dissipates.

Today my vein looks like someone jammed a fork in it but the black and blue spot is far smaller. I think I will live.

Apparently Red Cross is seriously short supplied again for those that donate. I urge you to donate. I might be your kid that needs it some day.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Dustined83
    VET
    • Oct 2017

I need to go donate too. Thanks for the reminder

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

D did you take any aspirin in the day leading up to donating?

Comment

• Big B
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

Went 5 times last year. I have a Red Cross app on my phone that makes it very easy to find a location and date/time. Shows your history report and give you updates on where your blood went. Also, if there was something tested positive in your blood, Red Cross will inform you. Sometimes you'll get a free t-shirt or a gift card from Amazon, which I don't care about. Saving lives what's important bc many out there desperate for blood...

Comment

• Big B
          Banned
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          I take aspirin daily. They ask if you do but it isn't an issue...

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Big B
            I take aspirin daily. They ask if you do but it isn't an issue...
            Lol aspirin can turn some people into a bleeder dude. Figured that might have been his case. I also take a baby aspirin on workout days.

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
              No aspirin, but you know I did take a bunch of ibuprofen that morning. That was probably the culprit for the bleeding.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

Working...