X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebornlite
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by stronger777
    Reb I think I've seen you around over @ TSC. Glad to hear from you. I would never wipe a needle down _ WTF>?

Hey my brotha! That was not directed towards your question but rather the comment on wiping down needles

Never know who is lurking and would see a comment like that and take it as sound advise!!! LOL

Comment

• Rebornlite
      VET
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Ripitup
      I don't see any reason to change the needle. If you are wiping the area with alcohol wipes there is nothing wrong with injecting and then taking it out and inject in a different body part using the same needle. When I used to do prolotherapy the doc would fill a syringe up with 6ml of solution and inject in 6-7 areas in my elbow or shoulder. Also, just the other day my other doc did a needling procedure on me and pulled the needle in and out several times. I always switch the needle after I draw out of the vial because I use a 20g needle, but I would never change the needle if I was injecting the volume of one syringe into 2 body parts; it's your own body and not like you are sharing needles with someone else.
      True but I also keep in mind the pin becomes dull and damaged after just one poke. I have enough scar tissue to be reusing dull pins but to each their own. There use to be some good pics of what a pin looks like before and after one poke under a microscope, it has always stuck with me.

Personal prefernces at this point...

Comment

• water43
        Vet
        • Mar 2010

yes I get dull pins or tougher skin...lol
        the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by Rebornlite
          True but I also keep in mind the pin becomes dull and damaged after just one poke. I have enough scar tissue to be reusing dull pins but to each their own. There use to be some good pics of what a pin looks like before and after one poke under a microscope, it has always stuck with me.

LOL... I thought it was my imagination, but when I have drained from a couple or three vials in the past I felt the stick was always harder and more painful

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by A1food4u
            LOL... I thought it was my imagination, but when I have drained from a couple or three vials in the past I felt the stick was always harder and more painful
            It absolutely is lol. Pins are cheap. Just buy extra needles. Nothing like a smooth injection.

Comment

• Big B
              Banned
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Rebornlite

Same as sticking needles thru rubber stopper...

Comment

• gotgame
                Vet
                • Jan 2019

Yup, i use either an 18 or 20 to draw and a fresh 25g after. There is always some bacteria left on the vial even after swabbing it so i wouldnt want to risk having that on the needle that breaks the skin. It is also much more dull.

Comment

Working...