Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Chronic rib injury

Ok, So about 6 years ago I really jacked my ribs up. I've had rib injuries before but this one was the most painful thing I've ever dealt with and I'm no stranger to injuries. (I used to fight, and ride motocross). I basically split the cartilage between my ribs and it never reconnected. If I lay down I can feel them shifting on each other when I move. I can also move them with my fingers, and the rib sticks out a little more from it being calcified. This also causes back pain where the rib joint connects, and the muscle tightens in that spot. I basically just ignore it but somedays throwing 350lbs on my back just sucks, and I do hack squats instead. Today I was doing T bar rows and it felt like it popped and the pain was gone for about 20 minutes. Idk if it dislocates or what but it's been bugging me for days now. I think it's more of a nuisance than an actual problem. It always bothers me but somedays it's a lot worse than others. I think the only thing that's keeping it really in place is that I've built the muscle up around it again. If I could describe it, it's like someone swung a 3 lb hammer and hit me in the ribs. I've just learned to live with it, but does anyone have a similar issue and how to deal with it a little better?
  • Dawgpound_Hank

I remember as a kid my dad was in a car wreck and had 3 ribs cracked. He was one tough sob, coal miner, boxer, bar room brawler, and he told me that was the worst pain he had in his life. Good luck healing my bro.

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

Well, you just made me feel better about mine. My rib issue is highly annoying and is a nagging uncomfortable pain that I cannot get away from while sitting, but at least it doesn't bother my work out.

Doctors, Chiros, and Massage has done nothing. Oddly two years ago I saw this old timer that studies some odd branch of reflexology in a small town in the middle of BFE nowhere. He worked on a buddy after his horse rolled over on him and hurt him bad. I just asked out of curiosity if he had any idea what would help me. I put me on his table and in 1 minute said "this is the problem", worked on my for less than five minutes and I got up from the table without pain and it lasted for several months. I have no idea what he did but is is almost worth a plane ticket to BFE sometimes it is so annoying.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

I've been waking up and it feels like it's out of place. Like it needs to pop or shift and I can't get it to. Sometimes it does and the pain just goes away. If I do really heavy rows it seems to pull it in place, and I feel it as soon as it happens, but I think the muscle tightening up around it really limits how much it can move. It just sucks. Massages help, but only temporarily. Chiropractor could pop it but my ribs always hurt for days after.

Comment

• ajaymehta10
          • Dec 2018

you need to consult with the best surgeon and go for an X-ray.

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Yeah I might think about seeing someone to see if it's fixable.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...