Post workout "window" pfffttttt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Post workout "window" pfffttttt

When I was my strongest, and natty to boot, was between 1988 and 1998. Nobody ever even heard of a "window" back then. And yet I am one of the sheep that have fell victim to the billion dollar supplement industry and the miracle "window". I bring all this up bcoz I am out of whey, and don't feel like driving by GNC due to time restraints. So as I was a little disappointed not having my post w.o shake, I got thinking you dumbass wtf, how many years did you make your best gains when having no p.w shake, but merely going home from the gym and eating some steak & potato or rice & chicken duh.

OK rant over.
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

It's bs. I have my pwo shake for added calories on workout days and it's easier to substitute that in and not have to make another meal. Saves me on food a little. Go to costco if you have one near you. You can get 6 lbs of on whey for 40 bucks.

Comment

• Darkness
      • Apr 2011

Whey is ghey

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

I dont use any supplements. And I've never had a problem either gaining or losing by manipulating my diet, increasing or decreasing frequency of meals. Adjusting carb intake, etc. My feeling from my own experience is that you are better off getting all.of your nutrition from food rather than supplements.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Roughrydr
          I dont use any supplements. And I've never had a problem either gaining or losing by manipulating my diet, increasing or decreasing frequency of meals. Adjusting carb intake, etc. My feeling from my own experience is that you are better off getting all.of your nutrition from food rather than supplements.
          This is true, whole foods are always better, but realistically for me a shake is more logical post workout. I'm already a slave to the kitchen, it's nice to have a couple hours. Either way, it's cheap. It saves on the food bill a little, and it helps me get the extra protein calories in, that way I'm usually a little over my necessary protein intake for the day.

Comment

• Glycomann

It's about taking advantage of the best periods to take in nutrition. i.e. not becoming a fat fuck. Feeding at the right times. It takes disciple, measuring things out, careful observation and adjustment or you will lose the effect in the noise.

Comment

• Jester3378
              VET
              • Dec 2018

The anabolic window for protein consumption is much larger than we previously thought. We spent much of the 90s/00s under the impression that it was an hour but in reality the “window” is more like a barn door. That said, I have become a big proponent of the intra feeding of carbs and EAAs to faster shuttle nutrients to the muscles (I also throw creatine, extra leucine, and taurine in). Helps a lot with recovery.

Comment

• b52
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jester3378
                The anabolic window for protein consumption is much larger than we previously thought. We spent much of the 90s/00s under the impression that it was an hour but in reality the “window” is more like a barn door. That said, I have become a big proponent of the intra feeding of carbs and EAAs to faster shuttle nutrients to the muscles (I also throw creatine, extra leucine, and taurine in). Helps a lot with recovery.
                Funny you said that. My wife has a body building book from the 90's and it claims that you need to eat every 3 hours to keep your body anabolic and if you miss your timing or a meal your body will go catabolic lol. Your digestion can't even keep up with that. The meal you ate 5 hours ago is still working for you. You're not magically gonna start breaking down muscle for energy if your timing is over 3 hours. It's just not true. I know plenty of guys that eat 4 meals a day. I eat 6 including a snack so I can lighten the portions up. It does help your metabolism eating more frequently but it's not gonna speed it up so good unless it's combined with cardio.

Comment

• Dakota
                  VET
                  • Feb 2017

There are more myths than facts in BBing. I bought Joe Weider a yacht in the 80s with all the bullshit I ingested. Yet my best gains came years later when I was a broke dick MFer that couldn't afford supps and just had to eat the best I could. When I was in my late 30s I got huge with very little suppliments and prescript gear. NOTHING make you grow like a Dr. that will let you write your own scripts......
                  The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2018

While I do believe that post workout nutrition is extremely important I don't necessarily believe it needs to be fueled by supplemental whey and/or waxy maize. Protein and carbs are essential for muscle growth.

Comment

• Rot-Iron66
                      • Sep 2016

After 40 years of doing this, there is way more fiction out there, than fact. Of course w/ internet's inception, it took off even more...

Comment

• liftsiron
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Jester3378

You covered everything and a bit more than what I was going to say. It's also a myth that you can only metabolize 30-50 grams of protein at one time, it's much,much more how much is dependent on the particular individual.
                        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• HDH
                          • Jun 2015

Whenever I think about post workout nutrition and if it's really necessary I think about exogenous insulin timing. Pre and post seem to be the standard for bodybuilding and max growth.

If we take the insulin away wouldn't it still be best for the nutrition timed pre or post since the slin is just a booster?

I have used powdered gatorade mixed with vanilla protein during my workout so the sugar pushes the protein and carbs, a dulled down version of exogenous slin but the same idea of eating donuts to push post workout nutrition while adding protein.

Comment

• G21
                            VET
                            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Dakota
                            There are more myths than facts in BBing. I bought Joe Weider a yacht in the 80s with all the bullshit I ingested. Yet my best gains came years later when I was a broke dick MFer that couldn't afford supps and just had to eat the best I could. When I was in my late 30s I got huge with very little suppliments and prescript gear. NOTHING make you grow like a Dr. that will let you write your own scripts......
                            Aint that the truth! My doc was like that (also a friend) strayed away from it for a period of years, and now seemingly coming back around, fingers crossed.

I have a PWO after legs and back mostly because i thrash the hell out of them and want some extra calories. Other than that, its whole food for me and i manipulate the macros depending of goals.

Comment

• USNCTT
                              VET
                              • Aug 2006

The window is more like a barn door. If you get some kind of nutrition in you within 1-3 hrs of training you should be good.

Comment

Working...