last day of school

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

last day of school

Today is the last day of school, although we teachers must report on Monday to complete any and all sorts of mundane tasks needed to be done before leaving for the summer.
    My wife thinks I am very lucky to have a vacation (and she gets three weeks a year of vacation, hmmm).

Just yesterday one of the students who most likely failed the majority of his subjects was still prancing around the building "cutting class." Guess he thought he was getting away with something, which is funny because 98% of the other students were too smart to even show up.
    He saw me and gave me a verbal wrath-o-shite about me being this and that and blah, blah, blah. Wanting to rise above it I simply responded, "See you in summer school!" I saw him today (leaving) and he had nothing to say (which means he probably saw his report card). What a pity, they get wisdom after the fact all too often in youth.
    Actually, he will not see me in summer school because I opted out of working it.

My children deserve me more and I look forward to being there for them and working for the integrity of our family unit (besides, I have to try to override the in-laws' corrupting influence on them from this past year of watching them).

In all I feel very good about it being over, it's one less thing.
    I am still in a grad class and another one starts next week.
    We are already inundated with my daughter's swimming program, and with my car breaking down and me without the money to fix it, well, let's just say I am more concerned with finishing the bedroom floors and knocking off just a few more impending projects around the house.

My workouts are going great, and even though there is much pain from my neck injury, at least I can still do them and that's a plus.

It's a rant, I know, but I haven't had one in a while and just thought I would make a positive one for once.
    Biceps again tonight, yeah!
  • black7
    Vet
    • Feb 2007

have a great summer.. glad 2 see you are doing so well
    Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Whoa, Black, jiggly-juggly avatar there!
      Nice

Comment

• theartofwar
        • Feb 2010

man I do not miss summer school.

what subject(s) do you teach bro ?
        Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• mrhtbd

This year I taught Biology, but am certified in General Science and Earth Science as well. I have taught a combination of all three for the past five years.

Comment

• theartofwar
            • Feb 2010

nice - I was majoring in biology until I started majoring in girls and partying in college.

should finish it up - got like 16 credits left lol.
            Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• mrhtbd

I didn't start college until I was 21, went 2 years and took 1 off.
              went back for 4 years then took 6 off. Went back for 2 and finally graduated with a bachelor degree. It only took 8 years of college over 15 years, so I can relate to the partying and girls, although I was a college swimmer for three of those years and eventually placed 5th and 7th in the Division II State meet when I was 26. Since then I have completed 2 master degree's.
              All told I was a full-time college student for 15 years over a 30 year period.
              Guess I need my head examined.
              Weight lifting has been the rock that kept me steady over the years.

Comment

Working...