damn, strained left upper-inner calf

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

damn, strained left upper-inner calf

Very painful, calf very swollen. Crazy because I always thought my calves were indestructible.
    Was riding a bycicle last week and it's been bothering me since.
    Big knot in the calf muscle.
    Any tips?
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Age. Gotta love it eh brah? In 2006, at work, I made a fast dart from sitting in a chair to the control panel on the machine to hit the emergency stop button due to the machine fucking up. Mid stride, it felt like somebody hit the back of my calf with a baseball bat as hard they could. Torn calf. I was 42. Thats why I warmup VERRRRRRY thoroughly in the gym no matter what bdpt I'm hitting that day. We're not 22 anymore brah...I can still go as heavy as I always have, BUT, I must warm-up and stretch more these days before I get to the heavy shit.

Tips? The obvious...rest it, ice it, heat it. In the future, stretch your calves good before you do ANY kind of cycling, jogging, etc. They say nowadays that stretching before exercise is a no-no. FUCK THAT! I dont buy it. The ONLY times I have strained a muscle be it back, pec, etc is when I did NOT stretch it enuff. I stretch the muscle I'm hitting that day before I kick the iron, AND in between sets also.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Working...