Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Joe0690 will become famous soon enoughJoe0690 will become famous soon enough
Overtraining?

So I do a four day split which goes like
Chest/tris
Back/abs
Shoulders/biceps
Legs
Then repeat so I basically hit everything twice in 8 days
Now keep in mind I Am NOT going heavy I’m just focusing on higher volume 4 exercises for bigger muscles 2 for smaller 3 sets of up to 20 reps if I hit 20 reps I will increase weight if I can’t hit 10-12 reps I will lower weight( which maybe only happened once).
I am on cycle and eating a good amount around 3500 cals a day.( clean home cooked food high in protein)
I am getting stronger my goal is to get stronger at the higher rep range I figure if I can bench press 225 for 20 for example I will have a decent chest either way and it will keep me away from heavier weights. I’ve always trained in the 4-6 range so not used to this . I am enjoying it.

My question is after I workout I’m basically fatigued / tired for the rest of the day like I don’t want to do anything maybe even nap for a bit and I never want to nap. Is this a sign of being burnt out or overtraining ? Could it be the steroids or weight gain from the steroids doing it to me?
Joe0690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
What are your stats? How much have you gained? What is your cycle?

You need rest days as well. Split training is advanced, how long have you been training seriously?
Old 11-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
I’ve been training for the last 14 Years I have had time off like 6 months at a time here and there most recently was this pas year I had to move and got a promotion which took my focus so for about year I was only training 2-3 x a week maybe missing a week here and there and not eating well at all so I got fat obviously then moved again to get a position closer to home where my friends n family are and had a baby so I had about 6 months off completely. Now I’ve been training again it comes back quick right out of the gate u put size n weight on from doing nothing then I started a cycle of testP/trenA/nnp 100mg each 3x a week and m1t to kick start and m1t is just how I remember it so I’ve gained 15lbs before I started the cycle with the help of creatine and another 15lbs after I started the cycle I’m Just finished week 3 stopped the m1t after week 2. I was actually considering to drop the cals a bit cuz I wasn’t expecting the weight gain and size so fast people r noticing and are baffled by it.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
As for my stats I’m around 240lbs give or take at 5 11 and a half and before I started the cycle around 20% bf which is really high ( not the most accurate way to check just one of those scales that do it)
Old 11-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
And just to add in I have some time off work for my baby right now so I figured I could put on some decent muscle and lean out slightly i would do another cut cycle and try to do a bodybuilding show before I have to go back to work within the next 8 months. But it all depends how I feel but it’s going good so far
Old 11-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I do a four day split, I hit everything 3 times in 14 days.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #7
krustus
VET

krustus will become famous soon enoughkrustus will become famous soon enough
work capacity needs to be built up ... changing to 20 rep sets is gonna be fatiguing if you haven't been doing them. maybe you can stick it out and your work capacity will catch up or you can drop to a lower rep scheme and work towards those 20 rep sets.
krustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #8
krustus
VET

on heavier cycles and if have been training hard...i'm able to do 6 -7 days a week full body fairly heavy...no forced reps though... but i have to be in good shape work capacity wise and lots of gear
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #9
Glycomann

Sounds to me like you are adjusting to a new training regimen whilst staying up all hours with a new baby screaming in the house. Also, not sure how wise it is to do something that is so demanding and considered by some (like wives) as selfish to do a BBing show with a newborn at home.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 PM   #10
Dawgpound_Hank

Even when ON I never train more than 3 days straight without a day off, and usually it's 2 days straight, then a day of rest. I found long ago that the workouts that were the strongest & best - setting new PR's & shit was 90% of the time on a day after a rest day. Remember, you grow while resting. Your CNS needs that rest, not only bdpts. TBH, I can't even FATHOM working out 8 days in a row. Never did that in my life & never will. At that point, the body (and mind) is pacing itself.

Just my take.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #11
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
I am with DPH. Gear gives you the ability to more quickly recover but one still needs time to recover. I have learned that sometimes less is more. After being young and ambitious and trying to crush my way to hugeness I discovered much later that my gains were better with more down time than with trying to kill it. Keep it intense but give you body time to recover even while on.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:15 AM   #12
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Yeh lol the new born might have a bit to do with it I think for now I will add in a rest day so it will become a 5 day split using the rest day to recover and as I adapt to the new training I’ll take thing s further if I need to. As for selfish doing a show right now yes it probably is but it’s always been on my bucket list and my wife understands that this might be the only real opportunity to really put effort into it without jeopardizing my career.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:30 AM   #13
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Im very old, but still very good shape. I train 4 days a week, one body part per session.
But fatigue for me is usually related more to diet and sleep.
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #14
krustus
VET

Quote:
Even when ON I never train more than 3 days straight without a day off, and usually it's 2 days straight, then a day of rest.
i have noticed the more advanced a lifter is and the more weight he can move... more rest is required..
Old 11-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #15
choke

I'd argue that most people do not slip into overtraining status as much as believed.
Now other factors like repetitive strain could cause issues; but "overtraining" as it is defined, I think is less common.

The reason I think that is that it comes down to what a person is mentally and physically conditioned to withstand; the focus being on the mental side. I'm former military, so I'm biased to use the following example. Look at some of the units inside of any military. The hard charging units, Infantry, Special Operations, Small Unit/Irregular Operational type of units, work at levels that would challenge pro athletes for years at a time. Then look at support units that don't have the physical requirements of the combat arms units; those troops tend to be a lot less conditioned for prolonged operations. The difference being in the mental conditioning towards readiness.

Not that I'm some awesome physical specimen, I'm not. But I'm conditioned to go, and go constantly. Some sort of challenging, leave sweat on the floor training 6 days out of 7. And that's lifting (squats/deads/bench almost exclusively), calisthenics, kettlebells, Bulgarian Bag, natural gymnastic, BJJ/Muay Thai; some combination of those things all the time. And at the age of 47.

I'm far from special. I just had the benefit of someone (Army, as a Infantry guy in an irregular unit) that programmed me early on to grind away, in such a way that if I could move, no pain that caused dysfunction, I could put in work. Eat right, sleep as able, grind, repeat.

Mindset man, mindset.