X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

reinjured my shoulder

After a gazillion dollars on peptides my shoulder crapped out mid rep a couple days ago. It hurt! I am so stupid for going heavy. Why the hell do we do that? MRI showed new damage.

I am just going to get the surgery and try to get beyond this. I have nursed my shoulder for way too long anyway.

Old enough to know better and young enough to do it anyway. I am an idiot. Fuck!
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • krustus
    VET
    • Jan 2017

sorry to hear... i tore a pec on a inner tube behind a boat over 2 years ago... it sucks... maybe your injury can be fixed?

Comment

• choke

Ever thought of trying stem cells?

I did it after breaking my back July 2016; and it's 100% now. Like the break never happened. In fact, I had a slight scoliosis thanks to carrying a heavy pack in the Army; after the break and the stem cell therapy, that's gone too.

It's not as expensive as you might think. Not that $3k is cheap, but it is worth it when considering a lifetime of therapy of maintenance type medical bills.

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by choke

I did it after breaking my back July 2016; and it's 100% now. Like the break never happened. In fact, I had a slight scoliosis thanks to carrying a heavy pack in the Army; after the break and the stem cell therapy, that's gone too.

It's not as expensive as you might think. Not that $3k is cheap, but it is worth it when considering a lifetime of therapy of maintenance type medical bills.
        I have already been scheduled a surgery. I am SO tired of dealing with it. I really thought I was back to normal after many months of peptides and therapy.

I will do some research though. I don't want to go through the long ass recovery of shoulder surgery if it isn't required. Thanks for the heads up Choke.

Comment

• A1food4u

That sucks... I have read up a little on stem cells for the knees...looks promising but my insurer won't cover it

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Deca?
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by liftsiron
              Deca?
              WAY past Deca being able to help. I really thought TB500 had performed a minor miracle for me. Maybe it had and I just pushed it to far. I still think I can lift like I am 30 until something goes wrong. It is a mental illness that affects iron men.

Comment

• choke

I'm tellin ya! Set aside the cash for the stem cells brother!
                After you paid for your out of pocket max, and deductibles, you'd have covered what stem cells would have cost.

Comment

• tobyonekinobi
                  Vet
                  • Feb 2014

choke, where did you do the stem cell I thought there were only a few people in the us doing it. most of them out west. I want to do it to my knees hoping it gets a little more mainstream to get the cost down but love the sound of your results on your back. Hate to hear about the shoulder Dakota. I had some shoulder things not near as bad and followed your tb500 protocol and got some good results myself. Might back off a little from feeling too good though

Comment

• choke

Toby, there are three places in Atlanta alone. And I know of several in Florida. Worse case scenario, there are two places in Cancun.

Most major cities have places where you can go now, they're just under the radar for some reason.

Now that I think of it, here in Atlanta, there is a place that specializes solely on stem cell treatment for knees.

when you do the math, after what you'd pay for treatment, therapy, doc bills, etc; $3k to get a fix, and fixed well, isn't that hard to imagine really.

Comment

• zeke
                      Vet
                      • May 2005

Had 6 shoulder surgeries total (3 ea. shoulder).. Lemack Sports medicine in Birmingham did all six. And no they weren’t all the same procedures. At 48, I’m done heavy. I have nothing to prove by bouncing 315, etc on the bench or 100 dumbbell shoulder presses.. Low weight high rep works for me along with a killer diet.. Doing Sust and deca now and plan on staying on it for a while.. I look back at doing 315 incline and wonder WTF was I thinking. .. Live and learn..

Comment

• Thate
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by choke
                        How does this compare in cost and efficiency to platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy?

Comment

• dalnkwnt
                          Vet
                          • Oct 2011

Just had my shoukder operated on in october and I'm in the middle of PT right now. Follow the pt and don't be a bad ass and avoid icing it daily. It Sux but it will improve quicker than not icing it at all. Dont lift heavy until they tell u too...no matter how strong ya feel. Its a long process but if don't correctly you will have the shoulder of a 20 yr old after 4-6 months
                          MOD@massmonsterz.com

MOD@TheFitnessboard.com

Comment

• Dakota
                            VET
                            • Feb 2017

I am hearing ya but I sure don't like it.

I am going to go ahead with the surgery I am too far in now to change course. I think I am going to lay in a ton of TB500 and see if that helps the healing and recovery period. Not lifting for months is down right depressing. I guess my legs will look good in a couple months!!

Is there anything else you folks would add besides TB500? I am fortunate that money isn't really a consideration, if something is going to work I am willing to take the financial plunge.

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by Thate
                              How does this compare in cost and efficiency to platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy?
                              You know, that is a good question. I have heard that people have done both. From what I understand so far, Stem Cell treatment is used more commonly for sport injury's, or arthritic issues; and PRP may be aimed at more inflammatory types of issues like tendonitis.

As far as costs between the two, I have no clue brother. The clinic that I went to has just started offering PRP as well. I will certainly ask about it. I'm not quitting BJJ and Muay Thai anytime soon; so it's a matter of time before I need to do more injection therapy.

Comment

Working...