X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyD
    • Apr 2018

Snowmobiling

Anybody?

I went up to my meet brother in law who lives in Maine, we went further north then turned west to almost the Canadian border. The trails were somewhat groomed, they had a heavy snow the day we got there and they were a bit soft. I got sucked into deep snow when I came sround a corner and hit soft snow in the corner, buried the sled real good. Anyhow, the trails were groomed but soft, 200 miles the first day touring. The second day the trails were better with more people out on them and the groomer being out the previous night. I hit 73 mph on one trail and I was puckered so hard my butt cheeks were clenching the seat. George said he hit 94 mph. Frickin' trees are just a blurr going by.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I used to really enjoy snowmobiling. Yesterday we had a winter storm temps in the single digits. More snow tonight.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Moto Ace
      Vet
      • Dec 2015

Put on 1800 miles this winter, mostly up in Houghton, Michigan. My wife and I literally could run 80mph all day on the trails, groomed highways!

Comment

• Big B
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

I wished we had the weather that would permit snowmobiling but noooooooo, only an inch or two of snow a year here...

Comment

• TommyD
          • Apr 2018

We just had 4 inches of snow yesterday, just about all gone by 3 the same day. George said he's been on trails farther north that are like highways they are so wide and they run for miles at high speeds.

As for me, I am SO done with winter, I have becone a warm weather type of guy. We have been talking about heading back up this Summer to where we were sledding to do some atv riding. A lot of the trails have banned 4 wheelers, they tear up the logging roads badly during the mud season. If not riding there is a river across from where we stay that has white water rafting, the vids they run at the motel makes it look pretty hairy.

Comment

• Pheedno
            VET
            • Mar 2018

I've never even seen snow above an inch on the ground. Can't even imagine that much white outside of a photo.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Pheedno
              I've never even seen snow above an inch on the ground. Can't even imagine that much white outside of a photo.
              lol, we get about 17-20 feet each winter, where moto was gets more, a little north of there gets 30 feet.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• TommyD
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by liftsiron
                lol, we get about 17-20 feet each winter, where moto was gets more, a little north of there gets 30 feet.
                That's far too much for my liking. Come March and I'm hoping to see the ground full time but it ain't happening, the weather people are saying potentially more snow coming. Argh.

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

Same here.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Pheedno
                    VET
                    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by liftsiron
                    I don't know what I'd do in weather like that. I live in a climate that is comfortable with flip flops on 10-11 months out of the year.
                    On the other end of the spectrum, the heat and especially humidity factor can make you want to die for a couple-few of those months.

Comment

• Moto Ace
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2015

Houghton hit I believe 300 inches this year. We just got 6" last night and let me tell you, I am so over winter right now! Sleds are stored and Motovation MX is ready to open!

Comment

• Big B
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2016

Hope to get a foot of snow here

Comment

• Moto Ace
                          Vet
                          • Dec 2015

4" on the ground here, sleds ready to rip...….COME ON OLD MAN WINTER!

Comment

Working...