As a new small gym owner how cynical can I be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicken_hawk
    VET
    • May 2018

Originally posted by b52
    Wish you the best. I personally don't think word of mouth will truly kick in until the memberships increase some. Find out how much the mailers are. Maybe some of the guys and girl will kick in a donation for ya and at least put you closer to it. I know I'd like to see you succeed and if everyone in the surrounding area gets a flyer with a couple free passes they will get used and you'll be able to get some of that niche. Think of all the crossfit gyms with no amenities and they're filled. You just gotta let people know that you're the gym to go to if you truly want to change your physique.

I hate typing on my phone. Always have to edit it after
    Dude, you type on your phone better than my old ass dose on a lap top I do agree that paper trumps electronic and I feel social media is way over rated. I think I will look into it and see what the real costs would be.

Hawk

Comment

• chicken_hawk
      VET
      • May 2018

Originally posted by Roughrydr
      Leak out sex videos of your members. You'llexplode with new membership.
      This seams like you are volunteering to play the male lead LOL

Hawk

Comment

• chicken_hawk
        VET
        • May 2018

Originally posted by chicken_hawk
        Dude, you type on your phone better than my old ass dose on a lap top I do agree that paper trumps electronic and I feel social media is way over rated. I think I will look into it and see what the real costs would be.

Hawk

I am not the numbers guy that would be my partner. Keep in mind (look at previous threads for pics and more deets) we are a small old school gym with hammer strength, jungle, racks and lots of steel but none of the other stuff. We have no showers and only 4 cardio pieces. For a serious gym we kick ass, but we aren't a gym for everyone.

Rough numbers:
        My partner had and estimated 50k in used equipment which is about right.
        I brought 20k in start up for down payment and construction on our 4k SF. Our rent is affordable at 2500 month plus utilities cuz we are in a dead strip mall that they are trying to revive. I had to put 2 months down and got 4 months free. I had to take out another 10k to pay bills (personal) and otherwise survive.

I know of other gyms with members that you could get for 80k. They aren't turning much profit but the owners are out of gas. Actually, 4 privately owned gyms are struggling as they are competing against chains and decided to play the low price game. Mistake!

Hawk

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by chicken_hawk
          This seams like you are volunteering to play the male lead LOL

Hawk
          I would, but you need younger and prettier people than me, with less hair too probably.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...