Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Can you drain a pip knot?

Might sound like a stupid question and I never really thought about it before until now. 5 days later most of the swelling had gone down but I have a nasty knot and it is sore as a SOB. Really hard but sore almost like a giant pimple. I'm contemplating stabbing an 18g in it and seeing if anything comes out. It's not infected just trying to get it to go down more. Our is it like a bee sting where you can't drain it.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I've done it before, got as much as 3-4 cc's of oily guck out.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big B
      Banned
      • Jan 2016

I had them. Unless you wanna risk for scars, I just let it go on its own...

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

I guess I'll give it another couple days. If it's not better I'm jabbing it.

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

Changed my mind. Think I'm jabbing it. I'm all set waiting. It was the size of a baseball. Not as large now but hurts much more.

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Well I got 5cc of gunky oily blood out and while I know I didn't get every last bit the pain is much less. Literally instant relief. Should heal fine now. 18g is necessary for the thickness of it and it stung like a bitch but I feel so much better. Took a Cephalexin before aspirating. I will never be doing eq ace ever again. I kinda wanted to take a pic of what came out but I figured I'd leave it alone cuz it was pretty damn gross.

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

You are lucky. That could have been ugly. Stay on the antibiotics brother. That last thing you want is a deep interamuscular infection. We just had an ugly pic floating around these boards a week ago or so. It can cause a lot of damage and permanent too.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by b52
                Well I got 5cc of gunky oily blood out and while I know I didn't get every last bit the pain is much less. Literally instant relief. Should heal fine now. 18g is necessary for the thickness of it and it stung like a bitch but I feel so much better. Took a Cephalexin before aspirating. I will never be doing eq ace ever again. I kinda wanted to take a pic of what came out but I figured I'd leave it alone cuz it was pretty damn gross.
                Hardcore man! I woulda been to the doc for some antibiotics, percocets, a note for work for a month!

Keep an eye on that bro.

Comment

• Darkness
                  • Apr 2011

I’ve done this before. Yikes

Comment

• b52
                    • Oct 2006

Best part of the whole ordeal is I cramped up on the second aspiration and yelled for the wife and made her pull the plunger all the while freaking out and I just had to tell her to be calm lol. She was like eeeeeeew what is that stuff? Haha. Oily blood sweetheart, oily blood. And this is why I'm open with her about it. I still can't believe she actually helped me. Definitely a trooper.

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

IMO you did the right thing, it will speed recovery by many days.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• b52
                        • Oct 2006

So swelling has subsided but I still have a knot that is sore as hell. Man this stuff really jacked me up. Staying on antibiotics just to be safe but it is probably the sorest knot I've had. I'm guessing I won't be able to inject there for another 2 weeks. All from 1cc diluted with test and npp. I guess if you can handle this stuff you're an absolute animal. After all this I don't regret trying it cuz you never know what you react or respond to but if you're reading this stay away. I'll update again in a few days.
                        Last edited by b52; 12-19-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Friggemall

Dayum! Glad I haven't had that before.

Comment

• b52
                            • Oct 2006

Gonna say the antibiotics gotta be working. The pain was so bad yesterday so I spread the dose out every 12 hrs and today it has gone down a ton and the pain is gone. Don't think it's coincidence cuz I've never had the piston just be magically gone over night considering how much it hurt even last night.

Another reason is good to stock up for the"just in case" scenarios

Comment

• SauerJitsu2005
                              • Dec 2018

Sounds like possibly a hematoma. I always let those go down on their own. It can take a few weeks sometimes. Also, I saw it's a blend so there's a possibility that it may have not been stable post injection.

Keep us posted. Im curious as to how this turns out.

Comment

Working...