Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Power Red donation.... why me?

I did a power red donation. Just in time my iron was way up there.

The Phlebotomist sticks me and somehow I start bleeding before he gets it right. Clean up on isle one.

Then half way though, the machine alarms and he says. "I have never seen that before" (the shit you don't want to hear during anything medical)

The machines says there is a spill. Someone else comes and straightens things out. I finally finish.

I leave and look down and my arm and I am leaking through the gauge and when I pull it off I have at least 2 ccs of blood under the skin. I re bandage everything and it all subsides and the blood dissipates.

Today my vein looks like someone jammed a fork in it but the black and blue spot is far smaller. I think I will live.

Apparently Red Cross is seriously short supplied again for those that donate. I urge you to donate. I might be your kid that needs it some day.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Dustined83
VET

Dustined83 has a spectacular aura aboutDustined83 has a spectacular aura about
I need to go donate too. Thanks for the reminder
Dustined83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
Dawgpound_Hank

D did you take any aspirin in the day leading up to donating?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 AM   #4
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Went 5 times last year. I have a Red Cross app on my phone that makes it very easy to find a location and date/time. Shows your history report and give you updates on where your blood went. Also, if there was something tested positive in your blood, Red Cross will inform you. Sometimes you'll get a free t-shirt or a gift card from Amazon, which I don't care about. Saving lives what's important bc many out there desperate for blood...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:55 AM   #5
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
I take aspirin daily. They ask if you do but it isn't an issue...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I take aspirin daily. They ask if you do but it isn't an issue...
Lol aspirin can turn some people into a bleeder dude. Figured that might have been his case. I also take a baby aspirin on workout days.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #7
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
No aspirin, but you know I did take a bunch of ibuprofen that morning. That was probably the culprit for the bleeding.