X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Benz
    Vet
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bigbrock
    Has anyone ever tried casein protein? Does it live up to the hype?
    The simple answer to your question is NO! Casein and milk protein isolate are more anabolic than any type of whey. But the real world performance difference between the cheapest generic whey and the most expensive casein is minimal. The only reason I even buy a brand like Optimum is the guarantee that they meet label claim. I'm sure that Beverly Ultra-Size is the very finest blended protein available, but to me it's not worth the steep price tag. Protein powders are simply for convenience and post-workout. A big sirloin steak or a 10 egg omelet will build more lean mass than any protein shake. Low or zero fat cottage cheese is better than a casein shake....any day.

Comment

• Lokedoggg

Hell yes casein lives up to its hype! After I switched over to it I lifted 300% more than when I was 100% weaker. I picked up a car and threw it at a guys dog. The guy had a lisp and his fucking dog wouldn't quit marking. I was also short fused as hell when doing casein cause I told him "if that fucking dog marks one more time we're all going to hell muddy!" See I got so crazy roid raged mad doing that casein shit that I started talking with a lisp! I never even got like that on a gram a week of tren with a gram of testo(ask scott21 if I'm lying). But hey I was just using regular whey then. Casein is some hard core shit for sure. So if you're gonna take that plunge be prepared to check yourself! Ask yourself this and be truthful(if you start losing it over nothing) "Is this casein protein really worth what it's doing to me and those I love?". Ps. The pumps are phenomenal!!!!!!

Comment

• Scott21
        VET
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Lokedoggg
        Hell yes casein lives up to its hype! After I switched over to it I lifted 300% more than when I was 100% weaker. I picked up a car and threw it at a guys dog. The guy had a lisp and his fucking dog wouldn't quit marking. I was also short fused as hell when doing casein cause I told him "if that fucking dog marks one more time we're all going to hell muddy!" See I got so crazy roid raged mad doing that casein shit that I started talking with a lisp! I never even got like that on a gram a week of tren with a gram of testo(ask scott21 if I'm lying). But hey I was just using regular whey then. Casein is some hard core shit for sure. So if you're gonna take that plunge be prepared to check yourself! Ask yourself this and be truthful(if you start losing it over nothing) "Is this casein protein really worth what it's doing to me and those I love?". Ps. The pumps are phenomenal!!!!!!

Rotflmfao!!! How the fuck can anyone even respond to this?

Comment

• Lokedoggg

What you don't remember that?

Comment

• GetBigger

theres no hype really. if you mean does it really digest slower...from what studies have been done on it id say yes.

Comment

• bigbrock

On a cut diet would the lactose in cottage cheese be ok at bedtime?

Comment

• Thate
                Vet
                • Mar 2007

I wouldn't go higher than a half cup

Comment

• bigbrock

Originally posted by Thate
                  I wouldn't go higher than a half cup
                  Appreciate it

Comment

• GetBigger

its only 5g per serving. just add it into ur daily calorie intake.

Comment

• bigbrock

I think Ill just add 1/2cup to my egg whites at night

Comment

• Scotsmark
                        VET
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by John Benz
                        The simple answer to your question is NO! Casein and milk protein isolate are more anabolic than any type of whey. But the real world performance difference between the cheapest generic whey and the most expensive casein is minimal. The only reason I even buy a brand like Optimum is the guarantee that they meet label claim. I'm sure that Beverly Ultra-Size is the very finest blended protein available, but to me it's not worth the steep price tag. Protein powders are simply for convenience and post-workout. A big sirloin steak or a 10 egg omelet will build more lean mass than any protein shake. Low or zero fat cottage cheese is better than a casein shake....any day.
                        Have to disagree here, JB. The biological value of whey isolate is 156, whole eggs is 100 and steak is 80, this means that whey will put on more mass as more of its protein is absorbed.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Originally posted by Lokedoggg

Comment

• GetBigger

Originally posted by Scotsmark
                            Have to disagree here, JB. The biological value of whey isolate is 156, whole eggs is 100 and steak is 80, this means that whey will put on more mass as more of its protein is absorbed.
                            bro ur confusing chemical score with bioavailability (BV). you cant have a higher BV then 100.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Comment

• John Benz
                                Vet
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GetBigger
                                bro ur confusing chemical score with bioavailability (BV). you cant have a higher BV then 100.
                                This is correct. I just reposted a few thoughts I wrote on another board about 5 years ago. I know lifts will disagree about the soy protein part.

Comment

Working...