Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Supplements
User Name
Password

Old 06-30-2003, 02:42 PM   #1
big poppa

I heard you should have a certain amount of protein per day.
Now for me it is impossible to get this amount on food alone.
I'm gonna need a protein supplement to help me out.
I just don't know what is a good one. I know someone could help
me out!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:50 PM   #2
urafreak

Yes lots of protein is a must to grow, the usual number thrown around is between 1.0 - 1.5 GRAMS per pound you weigh. Some people strive to consume even 2.0 grams.

Try and get as much from food as possible. Egg whites and chicken breast are excellent sources.

I currently drink three shakes a day.
1 after breakfast
1 after lunch
1 post workout

I like leanbody packets, Labrada V60 Protein and ISO-PRO from Interactive Nutrition. All quality products in my opinion. Leanbody is a little expensive....

Is this what your looking for?

Cheers.

-urafreak
Old 07-01-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
Easto

I drink 2 or 3 shakes each day. I make sure I drink one post workout and right before I go to bed. For the last few years I have been taking Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and I love it. The powder mixes well and tastes pretty good too. As for the food I eat for protein:
Eggs
Chicken
Turkey
Steak
ground beef
peanut butter
Milk

I hate fish that's why you don't see any seafood on the list <_< , but fish is a really good source of protein and fat (good fat, BTW).
Old 07-03-2003, 02:17 AM   #4
prolangtum

I get over 300g from food sources alone, not even counting bread or oatmeal derived protein. Its not that hard.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:18 PM   #5
FKITLETSGO

I believe the perfect proportioned macronutritional intake of protein can be calculated by this simple equation.

1.98 X LBM

For instance.

1.98 X my lbm=

1.98 X bodyweight at 0% b/f

my bodyweight=284
my bodyfat=16%

that gives me 45 pounds of nasty fat.

that makes my lbm 236 pounds

1.98 X 236= 467 grams of protein per day