Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shovel
    VET
    • Jul 2011

In just the past 4 weeks there have been 6 hospitalized in my area(state) do to heat stroke and none for water intoxication. I can count on 1 hand where I've heard/read about water intoxication in the last 10 years. I think your facts are backwards...
    Semper Fi

Comment

• juicedpolarbear
      Banned
      • Feb 2012

Ozzy just admit its your vagina and not your legs !!! Lmfao my brother from another mother !!!!

Comment

• ozzy69
        Assistant Admin
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by juicedpolarbear
        Ozzy just admit its your vagina and not your legs !!! Lmfao my brother from another mother !!!!
        fuck bro my hammies have been bad---and you know our work and how shitty it is getting in the little holes left for us to work in and never getting a good break---i upped my water intake a ton and it seems to help

Comment

• relik
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Shovel
          In just the past 4 weeks there have been 6 hospitalized in my area(state) do to heat stroke and none for water intoxication. I can count on 1 hand where I've heard/read about water intoxication in the last 10 years. I think your facts are backwards...
          my apologies for being off topic but i want to back up my assertion that it is over-hydration and not dehydration that is more likely to harm and even kill athletes.. people are getting heat stroke for sure but because of over exertion in the heat and not likely due to dehydration

genesis of this condition remains incompletely understood but largely depends on excessive water intake. Furthermore, hormonal (especially abnormalities in arginine vasopressin secretion) and renal abnormalities in water handling that predispose individuals to the development of severe, life-threatening hyponatremia may be present. This review focuses on the epidemiology, pathogenesis, and therapy of exercise-associated hyponatremia....

Comment

• MR. BMJ
            • Apr 2006

relik, at 1 to 1.5 liters of water for every 2.5# loss in weight, you are not going to experience hyponatremia, especially if electrolytes and sodium are not restrcited. Lyle's recommendations were not that one drink all that fluid during or immediately after the exercise either, but rather gradually throughout the rest of the day proceding the workout. The subjects in the studies you provided are drinking WAY more than that recommended by Lyle. In fact, Lyle's objective is to "replace" fluids and electrolytes, while the marathon runners are drinking so much they are actually gaining weight during their event.

Comment

Working...