• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basskiller
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003

Advantages and disadvantages of GH/IGF-I combination treatment

Advantages and disadvantages of GH/IGF-I combination treatment
    Growth hormone (GH) is the primary regulator of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) production in a wide variety of tissues. There is much overlap in the endocrine, metabolic and anabolic effects of GH and IGF-I but both hormones have divergent effects on glucose metabolism, insulin sensitivity and differentiation of prechondrocytes.
    Theoretically combined administration of GH and IGF-I may be more effective than GH alone or IGF-I alone.

Arguments in favor for this are:
    1) Clearance of IGF-I may be markedly altered by the co-administration of GH and this will provide sustained actions of IGF-I.
    2) Higher serum IGF-I levels are achieved with a combination treatment of GH and IGF-I than with GH treatment alone or IGF-I alone. In addition, combination therapy may have additive or synergistic effects.
    3) The combination GH and IGF-I counteracts disadvantageous effects on glucose metabolism of either GH alone or IGF-I alone.
    4) GH may exert direct actions on tissues independently from IGF-I.
    5) Combination of GH and IGF-I may be more effective in improving tissue IGF-I levels. The combination therapy of GH and IGF-I might be beneficial in growth retardation, in certain specific subgroups of critically ill or catabolic patients and in the treatment of GH-deficient subjects with the metabolic syndrome and/or manifest diabetes.

It is at present unknown whether an optimal balance between safety and efficacy can be achieved with the combination therapy of GH and IGF-I, since this combination has been evaluated in only a small number of patient populations and in studies of a relatively short duration.
    In addition, a disadvantage may be the financial costs of combination therapy of GH and IGF-I.

In conclusion, there are many reasons for believing that administration of the combination therapy of GH and IGF-I could have advantages above GH alone or IGF-I alone. However, determination of whether co-administration of GH and IGF-I indeed is superior to either agent alone awaits further study.

J. A. M. J. L. Janssen
    Owner of
    Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
    basskilleronline.com
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good read!
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Rocky83
      Vet
      • Jun 2014

Definitely some quality info!

Comment

• JuicedVenom
        Banned
        • Sep 2014

I love it. I notice in my case when I add igf1/lr3 to my hgh REGIMINE I without a doubt get much more vascular and my body recomps like night and day. I got some new rips and serostims. So we will see how far I can go with the hgh and 150 mcgs of igf. Before i bust out the slin. So far I'm down to slightly above 10% body fat from 14. And up 8 lbs. ( also changed my AAS use around a bit. I'm playing w doses at the moment. The gear I got is fire. And rips are legit. As are serostims. So I'll keep you posted on gains etc.

Comment

Working...