Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Torn bicep?

About 6 weeks ago I was installing tool boxes along the side of my pick-up truck. Was using a 1/2" drill with a 1/2" bit and several times the bit caught the steel and twisted the drill. (I didn't have the safety handle on it.) When the drill twisted my right arm spun out and around. This happened several times making my bicep very sore. After 2 days of soreness I noticed my whole bicep was severely bruised. After 6 weeks it's still causing me problems, especially when I paint with a brush, shift gears in the truck, or do any type of extension. The bicep is intact (still connected on both ends) but I definitely did some kind of damage. Probably a strain. I tried hitting a bucket of golf balls last night but it was too much. I left 2/3d's of the bucket and went home. Don't want to antagonize it. Any tips on how long this will take to heal? The bruise went through a 3 week stage, turned yellow then phased out. Tips are appreciated as I have never had a bicep injury before.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Try hittin one golf ball at a time instead of a entire bucket full. As your bicep gets better you can add golf balls to the bucket.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• bufbiker

Funny!
      Time........

Comment

• mrhtbd
        • Apr 2015

Lol I thought about that to get rid of them in a hurry the just decided to leave them for someone else.

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

I pulled my right forearm way back and it still bugs me. I can lift but I still feel it so I don't go too heavy.

Comment

• Mondo
            Banned
            • Dec 2012

Doesn't sound like it's torn. Sounds good and strained.

Comment

• mrhtbd
              • Apr 2015

Was standing with my arm hanging down today and could feel a pull on my bicep with no resistance from my tricep. Hmmm, reminded me of my old knee injury. My knee would start to hurt when my hamstrings became lax through lack of exercise. I found that by tightening my hamstrings (usually from straight-leg deadlifts) would add resistance to prevent my lower leg from fully extending at the knee. Concerning my bicep maybe the key would be to tighten my triceps using push-ups to prevent hyper extension of the biceps. Worth considering as something is generally better than nothing.

Comment

Working...