X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ontime34
    Vet
    • Feb 2012

tebow traded

After the Denver Broncos signed Peyton Manning, quarterback Tim Tebow needed a new home. He's found it. Tebow and a seventh-round draft pick have been shipped to the New York Jets for fourth- and sixth-round draft picks. All picks are for 2012.
    Tebow became a sensation during the 2011 season. After starting the season as a backup to Kyle Orton, he started in a string of late-in-the-game comebacks. The Broncos released Orton, and Tebow seemed to be their man. But when Manning was released by the Colts, Broncos general manager John Elway jumped at the chance to sign him.

With the Jets, Tebow will have to compete with Mark Sanchez for a starting job. Sanchez threw seven interceptions in his last three games as the team fell apart in the midst of a playoff race. The Jets finished the season 8-8, with losses to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants and the hapless Miami Dolphins keeping the Jets from playoff contention.
    Jets defensive back Antonio Cromartie does not approve of the move. He tweeted:
    Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for @Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.
    New York signed Sanchez to a three-year extension on March 10.
    "I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands...even if he is wrong. Then one that comes up like an angel and is nuthin but a devil" Malcolm X... R.I.P. Nandi 12
  • ontime34
    Vet
    • Feb 2012

OOPS!!!! Looks like there is a problem with the wording in the contract, may be going to St Louis instead now.
    "I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands...even if he is wrong. Then one that comes up like an angel and is nuthin but a devil" Malcolm X... R.I.P. Nandi 12

Comment

• clutchitalian
      • Sep 2011

or jacksonville....

Comment

• irish_2003
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

i predict Tee-Blow will still be gay

Comment

• Shovel
          VET
          • Jul 2011

Gotta pay an extra 5 million to get Tebow to the Jets, which I can't understand that deal anyway.!? Jaguars will probably get him if they're smart and then they might be able to fill some empty seats in the stands...
          Semper Fi

Comment

Working...