Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #1
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
I'm effing stupid

Every Sunday I throw in 8-10# of tri-tip roast that I slow cook in the over wrapped in foil and seasoning, and I eat it throughout the week. I mainly eat it for my last meal of the night before bed, and maybe an additional few meals on the weekend. I don't always have a lot of time at work to warm-up some foods, and even at the clinics that I can during lunch, there is like 1000 people waiting to use the microwave.....so I just take other food I can gulp down quickly, then spend the rest of my lunch trying to take a nap, lol.

Anyway, the meat lasts me a little over a week, but each weekend, I cook a new batch that I start eating after the last one is gone.

This past week, I've been so busy and stressed out, I have not eaten a lot of the meat, but I went ahead and cooked a new batch while still having a lot of the last one available.

Anyway, I was at Costco last night (Fri), and I thought to myself..."You know, i'm gonna save me $40 and just let my last batch take me through this next week. I usually hit up Costco Wed/Thurs after the gym because those tend to be slower days. However, my son's birthday party is today, so I went there last night to pick up his cakes...I don't go to Costco on the weekend as it is a death trap of morons there.

I get home to pull out my last cooked batch from earlier this week while throwing the old one in the trash, but I couldn't find it

We have 2 fridges because we eat so much and 1 doesn't do the job One is in the garage, and the other in the house. The old batch goes in the trash, and the newer one goes to the house fridge....just to get you up to speed on the process

Anyway, after bitching for 20 minutes, I finally found the fukkker in the oven. I guess I never took it out when I cooked it earlier in the week Total waste of meat and money

So yea, no meat this week, until I head back to Costco at some point

The GF (Mexican) made a huge ass batch of Pasole last night for today, so that had to do, along with another 2 scoops of whey with a big bowl of chocolate Lucky Charms cereal for my last meal.

So i'll be living off a ton of pizza, pasole, cake, and a few other things for the next few days.

Oh, and I get absolutely sick of chicken and turkey, and try to only eat it during cutting phases...hence the shredded tri-tip the last few months.

Anyway, i'll be on sparingly today as I got to go and help get a few things done before the party starts.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
A1food4u

That's a shame, hate to hear about good eats gone bad....
Old 02-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
LOL!
So this week you're carb loading and bulking. Sweet.
But the beef sounds good. Can I get bgh your recipe?
I've been doing a lot of veggie stir fry lately. The girl friend loves it, the wife loves it and it's cheap. I cook whatever meat for it on the side so it doesn't get all liquidy.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
I may have done that once or twice before lol
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
LOL!
So this week you're carb loading and bulking. Sweet.
But the beef sounds good. Can I get bgh your recipe?
I've been doing a lot of veggie stir fry lately. The girl friend loves it, the wife loves it and it's cheap. I cook whatever meat for it on the side so it doesn't get all liquidy.
Easiest recipe ever My parents use to use this recipe in their catering business 20 years ago, and people raved about it and thought there had to be some kind of secret exotic recipe. lol

I get the 2-3 tri-tip roasts they sell at Costco, and I trim them up a little, but not much. Just the stuff that may not melt when cooking on the outside of the roast.

I LIBERALLY cover both sides with Pappy's seasoning, both dry rubs are fine, but lately I've really liked the white garlic/herb one....again just get the large bottle from Costco, lol.

I toss them in one of those foil cooking pans, and then double wrap with foil. Actually, I don't wrap the whole thing anymore, I just cover the top of the pan and fold/meld it into the top lip so it is air tight.

Throw it in the over at 250 for 6-7 hours, and then let it sit for a good hour or two. <------------*****This is where I ruined my current roast as I went and took a shower at the end of the night and then got out and forgot

I drain the juices into a large fat separater. While that is separating, I shred the meat with large forks, then pour the juices back in. Lately, I've discarded the fat, but lets be honest, it tastes better with it in there.....but to keep things healthier, I've been limiting it

That's it man.

Every night I weight out 12oz and then heat it up in the microwave, and make 2 French roll sammies with it and the Stubb's BBQ sauce or sweet bby rays. I usually have a large salad prior, and whatever else I want, as I don't eat high calories throughout the day, just quick meals, so this is my largest meal. I usually cut up half an avocado and throw it on the sammies too.

At parties, I don't separate the fat too much, as the flavor is phenomenal. We get those little slider bread rolls from Costco, and people make their own slider sandwiches. We make a simple sauce by using half BBQ sauce + half salsa, and it is so damn good!
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
Dawgpound_Hank

I swear this is WEIRD man, I can't believe you just made this thread!

I was just going to make a thread about fuqqing up, and I just seen yours and was like wtf??!!

Yesterday evening my wife cooked my favorite meal - her famous meatballs. Oh man talk about good, best ya ever had. Poor girl spent 2 hours in the kitchen preparing and cooking all that. She crashes at 10 bcoz of work this morning. I stay up late as usual, and guess what idiot forgot to put the meatballs in the fridge before I went to sleep?

I googled how long can cooked beef & pork be left out befor going bad. Most every site said around 2 hours, some said 3. They were left out all night - 12 hours from the time she cooked them until she seen them at 8am this morning. Needless to say she was PISSSEDD. And I felt like an ass. There's actually been many times we left out cooked meat longer than 2 hours, up to maybe 4 or 5. But 12? No way. So damn near a whole pot of meatballs in the trash. I won't be seeing those again for prolly 2 years.

BMJ this is too eerie dude.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #7
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
About 15 to 18 tears ago I had some down time at work. The ladies in the office were always saying they wished they had a kitchen to cook in occasionally. There was a store room not being used 20x10. I built them a nice kitchen. Fridge, sink, granite counter tops, regular 30" cook top, double oven, huge microwave. Everything a nice household kitchen would have. Anyway, one Thanksgiving we has this huge party. The ladies cooked sev et al turkeys and all the fixins'. All the crews came in and we stuffed ourselves.
Well, 10 months later they were going to cook a big meal again, opened the bottom oven and there was a big aluminum pan of what was once Turkey. The smell alone would kill you. I guess the seal on the oven door was really good because no one noticed ed for all that time. I have no idea how they got the smell out. But I do know it was so bad none of them would touch it. The big boss called me and made me get it and throw it away. I threw up several times.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #8
jalakes
VET

jalakes is on a distinguished road
My wife and I gave up slow cooking food once we got an Instapot. Holy crap! I don't think I will ever cook with anything every again. That thing is magical. Beef tips in 20 minutes.
jalakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
Magnesium
Vet

Magnesium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalakes View Post
My wife and I gave up slow cooking food once we got an Instapot. Holy crap! I don't think I will ever cook with anything every again. That thing is magical. Beef tips in 20 minutes.
I've only begun to dabble with an instapot and i agree, it is amazing. I've used pressure cookers in the past, but the instapot is just so easy to use.
Magnesium is offline   Reply With Quote