Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A1food4u
    • Apr 2024

Bittersweet moment..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my daughter is a senior now, coming to the end of a long journey watching her bloom as a person thru college life and sport. Sitting in wonder at the woman she has become...

Today she was given the opener for her last season, she has pitched every opening day she has been in college. Today she felt the sting again. Threw a full game, 7 k's, 1 walk, 6 hits but lost as errors led to three runs.... I wasn't able to attend but watched via the computer hook up to the game feed... when it was done I called her, told her I was proud and I just said "you pitched great" and left it at that, I usually add "good enough to win, but didn't this time figuring she knows... She responded by saying "the new girls tried hard, there was no quit in them" then she said... thank you for not blaming them for this loss, I could have thrown better...

I was floored... and so proud I could have burst... this kid is special. I wonder who her mother slept with because that can't be my gene pool....

Anyway, I wonder what I will do after she pitches that final out of her final game? Always told myself that I'd be cool.... now that that last season has begun I'm not so sure.....

Those of you that still have young ones, savor those special moments... they really do grow up soooo very fast....
  • 01dragonslayer
    Banned
    • Apr 2018

What a fantastic moment for you my friend. They say that children are a reflection of their parents and I am sure this was a great example. Thanks for sharing and this moment you will never forget.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Congrats my friend.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big B
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

Awesome brother! Enjoy every bit of it...

College softball go thru 7 innings, correct? Great performance on opening day!!!

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

Proud Pop moments. Priceless.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by Big B
            Awesome brother! Enjoy every bit of it...

College softball go thru 7 innings, correct? Great performance on opening day!!!
            Yup. 7 innings, threw 90 pitches 66 were strikes...... just a shame

and yet her character shines in difficult moments, kids always been a team player

Comment

• Kluso
              Vet
              • Dec 2016

My little girl is 14 now. She amazes me every day. We are the lucky ones.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

That's an awesome story A1! Congrats on raising your angel right brother.

I sometimes wish Jr could stay 7. To think the day will sadly come when he won't wanna always sit on my lap, tell me he loves me 50 times a day with 50 kisses to boot, laughing so hard until we both get the hiccups and tears running, drawing together, reading together, playing, on and on. I remember when I was young and my parents would tell me the older you get, the faster time flies by. I heard that so much I used to just shrug it off "yeah yeah". Oh man how right they were. I know it's cliche, but man, it IS scary how friggin' fast time goes by exponentially as we age!

He's my only child and we have a special bond - lil guy IS my life. I've been blessed in that that one thing that means more than anything to a child - TIME spent with them - is a luxury I had from day one since I was able retire early. Hence, I've been there with him every day since he was born, as much or more than his mom. I'm sure things prolly would have panned out different if I was younger when he was born, often working 12 hours a day & only seeing him a couple hours a day or only on weekends like often occurs with many parents. And I thank God daily for letting me have that opportunity TO be there for him all the time, every day, especially in these younger years when the vast amount of personality, behavior and character get's instilled into a child.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Just wait until the grandkids come! A whole different level of proud and love.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                    I'll prolly be dead.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                      • Oct 2017

That's funny DP. But that's exactly what I thought. Now here I am old enough to get senior discounts anywhere they have them. LOL
                      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                        That's an awesome story A1! Congrats on raising your angel right brother.

I sometimes wish Jr could stay 7. To think the day will sadly come when he won't wanna always sit on my lap, tell me he loves me 50 times a day with 50 kisses to boot, laughing so hard until we both get the hiccups and tears running, drawing together, reading together, playing, on and on. I remember when I was young and my parents would tell me the older you get, the faster time flies by. I heard that so much I used to just shrug it off "yeah yeah". Oh man how right they were. I know it's cliche, but man, it IS scary how friggin' fast time goes by exponentially as we age!

He's my only child and we have a special bond - lil guy IS my life. I've been blessed in that that one thing that means more than anything to a child - TIME spent with them - is a luxury I had from day one since I was able retire early. Hence, I've been there with him every day since he was born, as much or more than his mom. I'm sure things prolly would have panned out different if I was younger when he was born, often working 12 hours a day & only seeing him a couple hours a day or only on weekends like often occurs with many parents. And I thank God daily for letting me have that opportunity TO be there for him all the time, every day, especially in these younger years when the vast amount of personality, behavior and character get's instilled into a child.
                        Those moments will space themselves out DPH... but... then come the fun out of the blue moments.... the sudden hugs... the kiss on the cheek.... the adult conversations that end in long hugs..... the frequency changes but the base of that love remains... enjoy

Comment

• A1food4u

I'm soooo looking forward to that... a whole new generation to play ball with.....

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

Yeah. But you'll be too old to enjoy it by then. LOL
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A1food4u

Yeah. But you'll be too old to enjoy it by then. LOL
                              That's part of the reason I'm here my friend... keeping it tight and fit so I'm not a "bucket" grand pa....

Comment

Working...