X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Blood work results

I just recieved my blood work results and I am surprised to see everything so excellent! Even HDL was great.

Very slightly elevated on RBC, Creatinine, and eGFR (easily explained) but everything else looks like I am 25.

PSA is back where it should be too after last years concern.

Cool Beans, always a relief to see positive results.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good deal!
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Gotta love that.

Can you elaborate on the easily explained GFR? Curious bcoz mine lately was 63, a drop from 74 last year. It was still ok - supposed to be above 60. But I don't like seeing it that close.

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
        Gotta love that.

Can you elaborate on the easily explained GFR? Curious bcoz mine lately was 63, a drop from 74 last year. It was still ok - supposed to be above 60. But I don't like seeing it that close.
        Above average muscle mass affects the GFR tests just as it does for Creatinine.

The Creatinine test and the eGFR test are also interrelated. In fact if I recall correctly taking creatine not only affects the creatinine levels but also the GFR levels and I take creatine monohydrate on work out days. My levels are just slightly off so I am giving it no concern based on above average muscle mass, heavy workouts and the use of creatine monohydrate and semi regular use of ibuprofen.

A google search will reveal a lot of medical studies on muscle, Creatine, Creatinine, and GFR. Some of them are very lengthy.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Dakota
          Above average muscle mass affects the GFR tests just as it does for Creatinine.

The Creatinine test and the eGFR test are also interrelated. In fact if I recall correctly taking creatine not only affects the creatinine levels but also the GFR levels and I take creatine monohydrate on work out days. My levels are just slightly off so I am giving it no concern based on above average muscle mass, heavy workouts and the use of creatine monohydrate and semi regular use of ibuprofen.

A google search will reveal a lot of medical studies on muscle, Creatine, Creatinine, and GFR. Some of them are very lengthy.
          Interesting. Thanks buddy.

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

I recently had high creatinine. Told my Dr I was using creatine. Told me to drop it for a month and let’s retest to see. Guess what? No change! But that’s me. He said it definitely can raise it. We just wanted to make sure that’s what it was. Now luckily it wasn’t that high. We just gonna keep an eye on it for now. But interesting I thought. Can anything else in our lifestyle increase creatinine besides creatine?

Comment

• Rot-Iron66
              • Sep 2016

Good feeling, isnt it? My recent blood work shows the best results in 20 years,and that is with me going off statins even. (Ive always had very high LDL and triglycerides (familial issue). Everything perfectly in range. I do take my own supps to maintain good LDL and Trig's, but its worth the cost of not being on their statins and going for quarterly bloods because of that). Ill do my own mid-year,and then Doc's at year end physical.

Comment

• Dakota
                VET
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Kluso
                I recently had high creatinine. Told my Dr I was using creatine. Told me to drop it for a month and let’s retest to see. Guess what? No change! But that’s me. He said it definitely can raise it. We just wanted to make sure that’s what it was. Now luckily it wasn’t that high. We just gonna keep an eye on it for now. But interesting I thought. Can anything else in our lifestyle increase creatinine besides creatine?
                An intense workout will also raise creatinine. You need a couple day off prior to the blood draw to get a better picture.

That is the problem with blood work. SO many things affect the results.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                  • Apr 2015

Just had bloodwork last week and as usual my creatinine was high, BUN/creatinine ratio very high.

Comment

Working...