Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craigs
    • Nov 2012

Mid 40s About to Start First Ever Cycle

Ok guys I'll be the first to admit that I'm about to start my first ever cycle and am excited but scared shitless as what to expect. Here is a brief bio...Mid 40's started lifting weights mid July in my own garage with free weights only, no machines or cables. I also stretch, pushups, lite eliptical and lite jump rope. Lifted weights back in high school but that seems to be in another lifetime. I know this might be hard to believe but I have lost 28 pounds and am having a hard time not losing more. I am 6'1" and am weighing in anywhere from 203#s-207#s. I have put on some good lean muscle and wife has definately noticed! The problem is that my joints...shoulders & wrists mainly hurt like you know what. The pain is holding me back and I want to get bigger, stronger and weigh in around 225#s-235#s. Been researching and I'm thinking this cycle to be my first ever so y'all let me know if I'm on the right track or need to do something different so here goes:

8 week cycle stack
    Up to 500MG Sustanon 250
    Up to 400MG Deca
    Up to 40MG Dianobol

Any good advice out there? Oh, I almost forgot to tell y'all that I had lower back surgery 13 months ago so I am taking the mid-section slow and am being extremely careful with the back as it still aches everyday!
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

If I were you, I would just run test at 500mg each week for 12 weeks for your first cycle. Forget about adding other compounds right now, there is no need. What do you have planned for PCT?

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Darkness
      If I were you, I would just run test at 500mg each week for 12 weeks for your first cycle. Forget about adding other compounds right now, there is no need. What do you have planned for PCT?
      I tend to agree with this advice for a first cycle.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Number-LL
        Vet
        • Jan 2012

I was about to say just stick to the weights longer since it has only been a few months but in your mid 40's it is much harder. So if you sure you are ready to commit to it, go for a Test only cycle to start.

Have your PCT planned and on hand first.
        I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by liftsiron
          I tend to agree with this advice for a first cycle.
          Yes I have seen several guys in the mod 40s range run a first cycle of test only and for them it was amazing. I wish I could gain 20 lbs in a summer eating and training shitty

Comment

• craigs
            • Nov 2012

Thanks for the advice guys...I was thinking just test but since I'm gambling I figured I would get some extra gear.
            Darkness; as for PCT I was thinking either Clomid or Proviron...Your thoughts?

Comment

• Darkness
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by craigs
              Thanks for the advice guys...I was thinking just test but since I'm gambling I figured I would get some extra gear.
              Darkness; as for PCT I was thinking either Clomid or Proviron...Your thoughts?
              Clomid. Proviron is a an AAS and is therefor HPTA suppressive and will hinder recovery. It is pretty mild but the goal of PCT is to eventually reach homeostasis and recover. So that's out.

Comment

• craigs
                • Nov 2012

Darkness, thanks for that info as well. I will continue to research the best planned PCT before the Sustanon. Do you know of a good PCT that will work with the sus?

Comment

• Darkness
                  • Apr 2011

Darkness, thanks for that info as well. I will continue to research the best planned PCT before the Sustanon. Do you know of a good PCT that will work with the sus?
                  Honestly, if it were me, I would just run clomid at 50mg ED for 4 weeks and call it a day. It will work just fine. If you have nolva on hand run it at 20mg ED for 4 weeks. Either is fine.

Comment

• Phatbastard
                    • Jan 2012

Ok guys I'll be the first to admit that I'm about to start my first ever cycle and am excited but scared shitless as what to expect. Here is a brief bio...Mid 40's started lifting weights mid July in my own garage with free weights only, no machines or cables. I also stretch, pushups, lite eliptical and lite jump rope. Lifted weights back in high school but that seems to be in another lifetime. I know this might be hard to believe but I have lost 28 pounds and am having a hard time not losing more. I am 6'1" and am weighing in anywhere from 203#s-207#s. I have put on some good lean muscle and wife has definately noticed! The problem is that my joints...shoulders & wrists mainly hurt like you know what. The pain is holding me back and I want to get bigger, stronger and weigh in around 225#s-235#s. Been researching and I'm thinking this cycle to be my first ever so y'all let me know if I'm on the right track or need to do something different so here goes:

8 week cycle stack
                    Up to 500MG Sustanon 250
                    Up to 400MG Deca
                    Up to 40MG Dianobol

Any good advice out there? Oh, I almost forgot to tell y'all that I had lower back surgery 13 months ago so I am taking the mid-section slow and am being extremely careful with the back as it still aches everyday!
                    Going to be very Honest with you, Same as I would a newb kid.

Wait a year or two this is a recipe for disaster IMO. You haven't been lifting long enough #1. I would not advise this until u have at least 2 full years under your belt. Reach your natty potential first. This may even help your joint issue if not there some thing else going on and u need to figure that out first.

If u jump on gear right now you could compound this issue especially using deca it will mask the joint pain most likely and u could cause more of a problem.

#2 have your natty test level checked your at an age where you may have a low test level any how? If so you would be much better off doing the blast n cruise. OR TRT dose in between if this is the case u DO NOT require PCT!

I don't see an issue with the cycle you proposed for a first cycle to be honest. Its a wonderful cycle and you will gain a shit load of weight most of it being water though.

Deca and D-bol do create serious water retention. so odds are if you gain say 20lbs you will loose 10 of it when your body drops the water and it will. Water also elevates blood pressure.

All that being said the best reason for a first timer to use one compound during a cycle is to learn the compound and its sides!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you add another compound next cycle and so on. Why? So if and when you run into sides and at some point as u progress you will! You will know what is causing it and what to pull or adjust the dose to negate them.

Also have an AI on hand have every damn thing on hand before your first pin no matter what direction you go.

Just my .02

Phat

Comment

• ozzy69
                      Assistant Admin
                      • Jun 2011

listen to darkness

forget the dbol for sure--and hold off on the deca till cycle two--and with the sust being a blend make sure you have armidex/letro/nolvadex on hand in case you get issues with gyno

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by Darkness
                        Honestly, if it were me, I would just run clomid at 50mg ED for 4 weeks and call it a day. It will work just fine. If you have nolva on hand run it at 20mg ED for 4 weeks. Either is fine.
                        I agree with this. if you can it's best to recover and cycle. Over time it's better for health and fitness. I'm in my 50s and still recover. You are a steroid virgin. Get your level checked at your next doc appt. You should definitely get everything checked out before you cycle. Make sure your doc checks your test level, If he's a bitch about it go to privateMd.com and order the delux male panel. You will have all the tests you need for under 200 bucks.

also I would old off on the cycle until you are training at least a year. Do higher rep sets for a while and let your joints recover. Steroids only compound the problem. That's one reason why reasonable people take time off. The joints recover when off if you play it smart.

Comment

• Deacon
                          Vet
                          • Jan 2005

mid 40's? A little test is just what you need - I disagree with you waiting - if you were not training at all and put on TRT you would feel the same results - better mood, pick up sex drive, more energy - I would run test at 500 mgs per week regardless - and 300 mgs of deca tossed in would cure the joints - if you were 20 or mid 20's I would say wait to use gear - but at your age using test is actually wise
                          Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                          "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...