X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rippedfreak
    Banned
    • Dec 2005

Good Post on IGF-1 site growth

this was written by max over at Omega...

this clears up alot of confusion..

IGF-1 systemic or localized...
    I find it somewhat funny that there continues to be so much discussion, controversy and speculation on the effects of IGF-1 LR3, as regards site specific or systemic effects.

Remember that IGF-1 is produced primarily by the liver and other major organs within the body. IGF-1 is then released into the bloodstream and taken up by receptors throughout the body. Just knowing that, should end all speculation on the matter.

To my knowledge, there are no scientific studies concluding there is any site specific only response to IGF-1 application. There are numerous studies which discuss the systemic effects of IGF-1/IGF-1LR3. In the scientific literature, this issue is rarely mentioned as the systemic effects were confirmed over 10 years ago.

An injection of IGF-1 into a muscle is taken up by the capillary system and the IGF circulates through the bloodstream, being taken up as needed by receptors throughout the body. There is no physiological way for the IGF to stay in the injected muscle and somehow only be taken up by the receptors within that muscle.

I believe that although this concept of site specific benefits is about as scientifically valid as the earth being flat, the concept holds an attraction due to the protocol. First, the muscle is worked which creates a pump, increased vascularity and tightness. Second, an injection of IGF in an acetic solution containing AA or BA is made into the pumped muscle. The cellular irritation by the acetic solution causes more blood and fluid to come into the muscle. Combine this with the psychological expectation that something good will come of the site injection and the real world continued and prolonged tightness of the muscle through the acetic irritation, and Voila! You have anectdotal "proof" that site injections work.

Of course, the muscles worked receive their fair share of IGF, but so does the rest of the body.

I know many will continue to swear by the validity of site injections, just as for centuries most people swore the earth was flat. After all, the proof was there for all to see, just go outside and look.

For those who still want to believe in site injection benefits, here's what I suggest you do: Take the next month and use IGF-1 LR3 only, no anabolics. During this month, train only your legs, do absolutely no upper body work. Also during this month, site inject your triceps. Measure your arms at the end of the month to see how much they've grown. Please don't be too surprised if your legs have grown substantially and your arms are the same size.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good read and I agree.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• ddoommnn8ttoorr

i would agree about site injectons until i started doing them in my pecsd which literally refuse to grow oncei started i saw results maybe im just on case study but i plan on more si=te injections from now on

Comment

• Grunt76

The thing to remember is that even though that post is all TRUE, what happens in a workout is that the IGF-1 receptors are tremendously upregulated - for a short duration. So of course pinning IMMEDIATELY POSTWORKOUT maximizes local gains. Heck, you could probably pin your butt immediately after your arms workout and get great local effects in your arms that way.

So even though what is said is "true", there are modifiers that can apply to this truth which makes other things equally true.

Comment

Working...