X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrutalHoney
    VET
    • Nov 2016

What would happen if..?

I'm considering squatting like, 3 days a week, or every day even, but not maximally.

So, say you can do 350 for 8 reps (I wish). What would happen if you did a set of 4 at 350 every day?

The reason I want to do this is because two measly sets of 8 reps has me pretty damn sore for days after. I want to condition my damn muscles to be a little more resilient. I also wonder if doing so much volume over time would lead to growth and strength, but really, I just want to not be so damn sore.
  • Glycomann

I had a really bad upper body injury many years ago. I squatted EOD for months and I got a lot of growth.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
      VET
      • Nov 2016

See I hear this more than once... it makes me wonder if I shouldn't change how I work out all together.

So, what kind of set/rep/whatever were you doing?

Oh, and how sore were you?

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

EOD not every day.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• BrutalHoney
          VET
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by liftsiron
          EOD not every day.
          ..what?

Comment

• Darkness
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BrutalHoney
            ..what?
            EOD not ED

Comment

• Glycomann

See I hear this more than once... it makes me wonder if I shouldn't change how I work out all together.

So, what kind of set/rep/whatever were you doing?

Oh, and how sore were you?
              I don't really remember it was almost 30 years ago. I wasn't even on anything. Legs blew up. Made my calves look stupid.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I'm considering squatting like, 3 days a week, or every day even, but not maximally.

So, say you can do 350 for 8 reps (I wish). What would happen if you did a set of 4 at 350 every day?

The reason I want to do this is because two measly sets of 8 reps has me pretty damn sore for days after. I want to condition my damn muscles to be a little more resilient. I also wonder if doing so much volume over time would lead to growth and strength, but really, I just want to not be so damn sore.
                My opinion is I don't think you are going to see much results in terms of growth or strength gains from that. If you can get 8 but stop at only 4, you're not even working hard. Sure you will achieve your goal of not being sore, but what's the point of that if there's no results? But again just my opinion - only way to know is to try it out and see.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                  VET
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Darkness
                  EOD not ED
                  Yeah I know the lingo, just not what he's saying. Is he recommending to do EOD?

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Yes.

Comment

• Friggemall

Yes,EOD and I'd mix it up even. Say do a 350 for your 8 for 4 workign sets, grind em out if you have to then next session high rep day 135 @ 25 reps for 3-4 working sets. May take a couple to few weeks to get use to the work/recovery but stick to it.

Comment

• millenium girl
                        • Apr 2006

..what?
                        Every day is too much, you're gonna end up so sore that you won't be able to walk. Besides your body needs time to recover between 2 workouts but you know all that already
                        Don't forget to join
                        http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                        http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

Working...