Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Diet Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Khaleesi_7

Khaleesi_7 is on a distinguished road
Question Skipping meals...

I try to make sure to have at least 5 meals per day, 3 of them being main meals and snacks in between.

In my line of work I often get so consumed that I often times do not have time for a break or lunch so I skip a meal or 2. I understand that this may hinder my ability to reach specific goals, but my question is, will it make me gain weight? I hear a lot of mixed information, some stating weight gain due to "starvation mode" and some stating that scientifically, if you are at a calorie deficit, it is impossible to gain weight?

What are your thoughts?
Khaleesi_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
The metabolic increase one gets from eating 5 meals instead of 3 is pretty insignificant. In order to go into a starvation mode you need to be at an extreme calorie deficit for days not hours. A method of getting cut while maintaining muscle is gaining popularity, it consists of eating all your daily calories in 12 hours, followed by a 12 hour fast before training. BCAA's are consumed however, 30 minutes prior to your workout, this negates muscle loss but does not inhibit increased burning of fat during the workout.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
Khaleesi_7

Awesome, thank you! Do you have any recommendations on diets to lose fat? I am 5'2, about 135lbs and body fat % is 22. I am very active, I run 3-5 days a week for 45 minutes, and I am also on a tough weight training program. If there is any other specific information you need, please let me know.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Keep your cardio at approx 65% of your max heart range. This will burn the greatest ratio of fat to muscle. Often to intense cardio burns a good deal of muscle, which may actually reduce your metabolism because of the muscle lost. I worked with some women in the 30-40% plus bodyfat range.
Most had been on weight watchers or some similiar plan and had done aerobics for years w/o much result.
The first thing that I did was have them stop all aerobic exercise except walking. And put them on a push/pull/legs program. Legs would be done 3 times in a 14 day time frame the push and pull workouts 4 times each in 14 days.
I would start them on a diet 10Xbodyweight in pounds to determine daily calorie intake. Macro ratios would be approx 55% calories from protein 25% from carbs and 15% or less from fats.
I had several women lose 70-100 lbs within a year.
I also worked with behavior modification so that these ladies could keep the weight off long term.
Most have kept 80-90% of the fat off for more than five years. A few have even got thinner.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
Khaleesi_7

Thank you again for the advice. I wasn't really sure how to calculate the macros. I am currently keeping my cardio at around 65% of max heart rate. It has always been really easy for me to put on muscle, so I am thankful for that. I am just struggling on the last few pounds and my "problem" areas. It's always the last bit that seems to be the most difficult. I am on a t3, clen, and ketotifen cycle which has provided excellent results.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
liftsiron
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi_7 View Post
Thank you again for the advice. I wasn't really sure how to calculate the macros. I am currently keeping my cardio at around 65% of max heart rate. It has always been really easy for me to put on muscle, so I am thankful for that. I am just struggling on the last few pounds and my "problem" areas. It's always the last bit that seems to be the most difficult. I am on a t3, clen, and ketotifen cycle which has provided excellent results.
Once you get ripped, you need to adjust your calories upward a bit to maintain.
It's unfortunate that our problem areas are the last place to shed fat and the first place to gain it back.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
Khaleesi_7

Yeah, it sucks! It's even more difficult that I am a woman. Men have it easy! My husband eats whatever he wants and doesn't have a problem.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Rocky83
Vet

Rocky83 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi_7 View Post
Yeah, it sucks! It's even more difficult that I am a woman. Men have it easy! My husband eats whatever he wants and doesn't have a problem.

^^^Don't drag me into this LOL j/k!
Rocky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
Khaleesi_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky83 View Post
^^^Don't drag me into this LOL j/k!
lol haha, am I not speaking the truth!?
Old 06-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #10
Rocky83
Vet

Rocky83 will become famous soon enough
I thank my parents for good genetics lol!!!
Rocky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #11
Cabo Jo
Vet

Cabo Jo is a jewel in the roughCabo Jo is a jewel in the roughCabo Jo is a jewel in the roughCabo Jo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Keep your cardio at approx 65% of your max heart range. This will burn the greatest ratio of fat to muscle. Often to intense cardio burns a good deal of muscle, which may actually reduce your metabolism because of the muscle lost. I worked with some women in the 30-40% plus bodyfat range.
Most had been on weight watchers or some similiar plan and had done aerobics for years w/o much result.
The first thing that I did was have them stop all aerobic exercise except walking. And put them on a push/pull/legs program. Legs would be done 3 times in a 14 day time frame the push and pull workouts 4 times each in 14 days.
I would start them on a diet 10Xbodyweight in pounds to determine daily calorie intake. Macro ratios would be approx 55% calories from protein 25% from carbs and 15% or less from fats.
I also worked with behavior modification so that these ladies could keep the weight off long term.
Most have kept 80-90% of the fat off for more than five years. A few have even got thinner.

that's huge,great job lifts.
Cabo Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #12
BikerTrash
Vet

BikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Excellent post, Excellent info right there....Very informative .
BikerTrash is offline   Reply With Quote