X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Privacy Reminder

For those that post pix up on this or any other site keep in mind that your exact location, time etc can be easily pulled up off your pic. Even if you make it invisible there is a simple free software than can locate it called. ExifTool. I am sure there are several others.

It is one thing to post a progress picture and we all love to see them. But if you are snapping pix of your gear for the board that can be a little incriminating unless you can convince LE those are vials of grandma's perfume and a turkey baster. Make sure you are eliminating any embedded info off your pix before you post them.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • A1food4u

Prudent reminder!!!

Comment

• MR. BMJ
      • Apr 2006

Great post brother!!!

Comment

• bufbiker

For us old folk, how do you do that?

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

The basic way to do it is here.

You're probably sharing personal information every time you upload a picture online. In this guide will show you the steps to remove EXIF metadata properties from image files on Windows 10.

Also shut off your GPS when you are taking them. If you are setup that way it may also include who took the pic etc. Most of us don't do that. We just put the Vagina in the center of the view finder and click. No need for copyright info.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• A.B
            VET
            • Jun 2004

Very important!!!!! Thx brother

Comment

Working...