Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Diet Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
Tiffers

Multivitamins

What's your favorite mutlivit? I just recently switched from Women's One-A-Day (which gave me NO energy whatsoever) to a GNC vit Women's Ultra Mega ACTIVE Multivitamin. My pee is now green. :headbange
Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
Shandi

I believe that what I am taking right now is Centrum A-Zinc or something like that. I have a huge bottle of them, they are not necessarily my favorite, but they do seem to make me feel better and a little more energized.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffers
What's your favorite mutlivit? I just recently switched from Women's One-A-Day (which gave me NO energy whatsoever) to a GNC vit Women's Ultra Mega ACTIVE Multivitamin. My pee is now green. :headbange
The One a Day's usually are not that good of a multi vitamin. They usually give you between 30-50% opposed to a potent or mega multi vitamin. They I really like GNC's Women's Ultra Mega ACTIVE Multivitamin, but since I was screwed by the company I refuse to by their products. Once you body adjusts to it you will be fine. I usually take one with breakfast and one with dinner. I am currently using Opti-Women, by ON. If I like this one. I am going to stick with it, otherwise I may go back to Ultra Mega Active.:BP:
Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
nikhi19

I take a complete multivitamin that I get from Wal-mart that is supposed to be comparable to Centrum Complete. I also take Omegas, and L-Arginine.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
Shandi

That is the one I take also Nikhi, it is the wal-mart brand as that is all I can afford, but it is supposed to be centrum complete and I really like it. It is a good price and it works and that is all that matters to me.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
QueenB

Quote:
Can't go wrong with GNC Women's Ultra Mega...I LOOOOOVE it. I've been taking it for the last three years and have no real plans of switching.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
majortink

Quote:
I'm glad you asked this 'cause I've been taking a one a day brand for a couple of months and I don't find it does anything for me. I haven't noticed any difference in my energy level since I started taking them. Am I supposed to feel 'energized'???? :hmmmm2:
Old 09-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhi19
I take a complete multivitamin that I get from Wal-mart that is supposed to be comparable to Centrum Complete. I also take Omegas, and L-Arginine.

Nikki you might want to switch your multi to a high potency one, once you start cutting. The one a day won't be enough.You are going to need it because of the calorie deficet. I used a high potency one with digestable enyzmes. Some people use Animal Pak or any training pack. I used Ultra Mega Gold from GNC.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #9
Isawstars

How do you ladies know it makes a difference? I've always used GNC's Women's Ultra Mega... If i switched to "One a Day" would I really notice a difference?:sheep:
Old 09-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isawstars
How do you ladies know it makes a difference? I've always used GNC's Women's Ultra Mega... If i switched to "One a Day" would I really notice a difference?:sheep:
Ultra Mega is a High Potency Multi Vitamin that has 80 mg of vitamin B, opposed to a one a day that may have 30-40. The Mega Vitamins give you more energy because they are higher in potency. GNC Ultra Mega Gold is Highest in Potency 100 mg of B Vitamins as well as the other vitamins. Alot of time one a days will give you just a little bit everything, but you are not going to get your bag for you buck for the potency value. Some one a days synethic and have tars in them like the dollar store kind. You get what you pay for type of thing. GNC's come from food fish, vegtables, etc and are better for you. The best form to take a vitamin in is a capsule opposed to caplet. It takes longer to break up, opposed to capsule, liquid or gel form which absorbs faster. A good multi vitamin will make you pee a dark color when you start taking it sometimes. Some people that have shitty diets that lack energy, start taking vitamins and start feeling energized because of the high potency of B vitamins which aid in energy production and metabolism. I hope this answers your question.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
I never tried a multi-pak as I know specifically what I want and prefer to buy all my vitamins separately.

One-a-day and other tablets often go through the system and never break down. So you get NOTHING from them. I give my daughter chewables and I buy only capsules for myself.

Iron deficiency is a problem for women, so I would try and find ferrous fumate iron derived from wheat. It is assimilated better than most forms and is the only iron that does not interfere with vit-e.
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #12
goes4ever

goes4ever is on a distinguished road
John I beg to differ on part of what you said, you say the one a days do not break down, while that is true for some not all fall into this category.

When I forget and do not take mine I can tell, also I notice the pee color change when I am taking it. I read you can do a little test to check if your vitamins are breaking down and here it is

take whatever vitamin your taking, stick it is a ziploc bag with a couple oz's of vinegar, zip it up and carry it around in your pocket for 30 minutes. The vinegar is similar to your stomach acid.......if it dissolves mostly within 30 minutes it is dissolving inside you as well, if it is not dissolving or if just the outside is starting to dissolve it is basically junk

I did the test on my one a day's I get at walmart and believe it or not they passed the 30 minute test. I take one in the morning, plus one gram of vit C, and also 2 vit A (I have trouble with my eyes) and again I repeat this before bed, so I am actually taking a one a day, twice a day.....lol

I have used these for 3+ yrs and I believe them to work for me, try the test and report back how it works for you.
goes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #13
RaptorMkII

w00t! for green pea!

I started taking a B vitamin complex and between that and my multi (equate men's formula) my pee is a charming and attractive chartreuse
Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Amalthea

LOL @ green pee.
I've got a women's once daily multivitamin by Cenovis. Not uber strong, but it's more to make sure I get everything I need in combination with my meals. I tend to have low iron, so I also take an iron supplement, and since ostepporosis runs in the family I take calcium/VitD supplements too. No multivitamin is going to be exactly what you need it to be, so I got the one that best suited my needs and added other stuff to make it work for me
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #15
KitKat

I use 21st Century Mega Multi for Women. It's packed with 34 essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients, time released and best of all for me has 27mg of iron.