Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Diet Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Salty Foods

While most people like sugary foods, I crave salty foods. I know I have to limit my salt intake but I think that those cravings are a way for my body to tell me that it needs more sodium ...
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
bhnkrin

very salty food is not good for health. Food craving is reported twice as much in women as it is in men. I love to eat a chines food is very salty it is bad for health and also in junk food have very salt and oil do not test junk food It is not good for fitness.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Salt your food with a potassium salt substitute, the
potassium balances the sodium intake.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
heartbedi

Very salty food is bad for health. Salt is popular as it enhances some flavour and subdues others. Food craving is reported twice as much in women as it is in men. I do not like very salty food.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
yes it can be unhealthy. its all in portion though. i dont cut sodium ouy to a rediculous amount, sodium metabolizes carbs.
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRveejay11 View Post
It does? Please elaborate. Thanks
talking about sodium assisting in the absoprtion of carbs/glucose, especially important post workout to feed muscle glycogen
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
maanbhnk

As per my opinion is salty food is not good for health. Unfortunately, most of the convenient, pre-packaged or frozen foods that you grab contain obscene amounts of salt.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
shane.merol
Banned

shane.merol is on a distinguished road
you need to go somewhere else and post until you grow up.__________________________

Last edited by DADAWG; 07-30-2011 at 08:42 PM..
shane.merol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #9
kentkenford
Banned

kentkenford is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maanbhnk View Post
As per my opinion is salty food is not good for health. Unfortunately, most of the convenient, pre-packaged or frozen foods that you grab contain obscene amounts of salt.
I agree with you. All should be balance..

Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
Salt makes my nipples puffy
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Salt your food with a potassium salt substitute, the
potassium balances the sodium intake.
I use a low sodium supplement when I cook but I still crave salty crackers
Old 08-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
Cool

The problem is that our food has huge amounts of added sodium in neary everything, from peanut butter to salad dressing.

I cut out any additional salt 10 years ago, and carefully compare listed sodium on different brands. Kroger's Private Selection brand of black bean and corn salsa contains 300 mg sodium for the "hot", and 220 mg for the mild. Wal-Mart has a nearly identical salsa with only 150 mg. Spaghetti can run from 250 mg to 670 mg sodiun per serving. A small can of chicken noodle soup contains 550 mg sodium per serving....and there are 2.5 servings per can!
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
millenium girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz View Post
The problem is that our food has huge amounts of added sodium in neary everything, from peanut butter to salad dressing.

I cut out any additional salt 10 years ago, and carefully compare listed sodium on different brands. Kroger's Private Selection brand of black bean and corn salsa contains 300 mg sodium for the "hot", and 220 mg for the mild. Wal-Mart has a nearly identical salsa with only 150 mg. Spaghetti can run from 250 mg to 670 mg sodiun per serving. A small can of chicken noodle soup contains 550 mg sodium per serving....and there are 2.5 servings per can!
I'm aware of that but I don't eat much
Old 08-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
d-red
Banned

d-red is on a distinguished road
MILL-GIRL...you like salty things.
d-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #15
millenium girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-red View Post
MILL-GIRL...you like salty things.
"Things"? ... not everything