X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Put in my first gym floor

I swallowed hard and said "sure I can do it". My son's hockey coach is putting in a new gym for strength training. He bought recycled rolled rubber mats for the weight room. I got roped into putting them down.

So a yacht interior designer and a haz mat contractor put in our first gym floor in an odd shaped room. We learned as we went. It was a bitch to work with when we started but it turned out bitchin. You can't even see the seams.

I will be house hunting again soon, I can see a really cool home gym going in.

A small bitch though. I kicked down a couple of grand to the coach for materials and figured that would buy me out of becoming an indentured servant for the team this year. But funny how scarce people get when there is work to do. The two parents that put in the most money and effort end up doing all the grunt work too. That is why I teach my son that this is such an easy country to become wealthy. Most people are lazy. If you are willing to work harder that the masses you will do well. And that ain't that hard.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • A1food4u

I've found that to be true, love coaching and taking care of the kids but god forbid you need a hand with something, its always the same two dads and three moms that will pitch in.... you never see the others unless their bitching about what the good volunteers did, and how it was done...

Comment

Working...