Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Doctors and "Fat Shaming" WTF???

Have we really gotten this politically correct in this country that a Doctor can no longer tell you that being fat is unhealthy?

Every time I am in public I look around at these adolescents and 80 percent of them are FAT. Not chunky, not pudgy FAT.

A Professor now says Drs shouldn't "fat shame".

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/04/do...psychologists/
Old 08-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Glycomann

"Doctors who advise fat patients to lose weight could be harming them both “mentally and physically,” claim two psychologists, who stated that the obese experience “microaggressions” when they’re treated at the doctor’s office."

No respect for such "doctors". What kind of research would support such a claim. Answer, no real scientific study would support such a claim unless it was performed on a planet where assuaging is required for procreation and there are 69 different sexes and automobiles run on feelings.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Society is turning into a bunch of slack jawed faggots. Like my Ventura reference.

I hate the way society is goinf. Political correctness and all. Ruining the world.
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:51 PM   #4
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Well they really wouldn't like my straight talk. I got into a debate with a couple fat women a few years ago. They were trying to convince me that they had not choice but to be fat because of all the terrible diets they had tried due to societal pressure. They claimed it destroyed their metabolism and no matter how little they ate or how much they exercised it was impossible to lose weight now. I called BS. I seriously "offended" one of them when she claims she "eats like a bird" and can't lose weight. I said yeah, "like a bird, one and a half times your body weight everyday". It descended into F bombs from there.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:10 AM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Being obese is the number one medical concern today.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 AM   #6
Glycomann

I think there are a lot of factors in this. The food we are supplied is mostly shit. Lots of trans fats (should be coming out since FDA pulled the switch 2 years ago). Lots of corn syrup. Lots of sugar. Lots of oils. Lots of chemicals. Lots of estrogen's and hormone disrupters in the environment. All this shit and more poisons the metabolism. Most people don't realize how toxic our American diet is until they visit Europe. Spend a few months over there and you will lean out like crazy. You will eat and eat and still lean out. But that is changing with the EU since they are moving towards the US model in terms of shit food.

That's only part of it. The other part of it is choosing the food one eats. The manufacturers of food peoiucts carefully produce foods with mouth appeal. Probably more accurately described as addictive compositions. Ever notice that once you go off your clean Being diet its like a train rolling downhill. It becomes easier and easier to pick up that next cake of bag of chips or whatever. So I guess the far women are partially right. Their is more poison to eat than clean foods. There has to be a lifestyle choice made and it has to be in place for a long time to let the body come back to natural status. Then the transformation happens. Here in the US it's really difficult to avoid all the poison food so it takes longer. Go to Spain, Portugal or Italy and it will happen in a couple months. You will see the water fall off. Water that you had no idea you were holding falls off. Your bowels will change. You stomach will flatten. You will go out to eat with friends, eat a big 3 course meal with wine and wake up the next day lean and clear headed. Then you will think wow the diet in the US is killing everyone.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
being..... fat causes a lot of health problems , chol./heart/joint/diabetetes ....ect.....they shouldn't be child like and blame something except themselves...oh I forgot the main health problem death !
water43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #8
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
I think there are a lot of factors in this. The food we are supplied is mostly shit. Lots of trans fats (should be coming out since FDA pulled the switch 2 years ago). Lots of corn syrup. Lots of sugar. Lots of oils. Lots of chemicals. Lots of estrogen's and hormone disrupters in the environment. All this shit and more poisons the metabolism. Most people don't realize how toxic our American diet is until they visit Europe. Spend a few months over there and you will lean out like crazy. You will eat and eat and still lean out. But that is changing with the EU since they are moving towards the US model in terms of shit food.

That's only part of it. The other part of it is choosing the food one eats. The manufacturers of food peoiucts carefully produce foods with mouth appeal. Probably more accurately described as addictive compositions. Ever notice that once you go off your clean Being diet its like a train rolling downhill. It becomes easier and easier to pick up that next cake of bag of chips or whatever. So I guess the far women are partially right. Their is more poison to eat than clean foods. There has to be a lifestyle choice made and it has to be in place for a long time to let the body come back to natural status. Then the transformation happens. Here in the US it's really difficult to avoid all the poison food so it takes longer. Go to Spain, Portugal or Italy and it will happen in a couple months. You will see the water fall off. Water that you had no idea you were holding falls off. Your bowels will change. You stomach will flatten. You will go out to eat with friends, eat a big 3 course meal with wine and wake up the next day lean and clear headed. Then you will think wow the diet in the US is killing everyone.
Very good post and very true.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #9
Dakota
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post

I can't disagree with a word of that.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:43 PM   #10
Dawgpound_Hank

One of the first things I recall when we got off that plane in LAX after living in Philippines for 4 years was DAMN theres alot of fat fukkers in US !lol No shit. Not like I didn't know it before, just that I didn't see that over there. Over there it's like 1 in 10 people are chubby, 1 in 100 are crazy obese. Back here, 7 in 10 are chubby and 2 in 10 look like those 450lb lardbags that live in Golden Corral.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:49 PM   #11
Dawgpound_Hank

On another note, something else I noticed arriving back here is 7 out of 10 chicas need a bag over their head, 2 are ok, and 1 is do-able. Over there - shit, young gorgeous chicas everywhere - get neck pains from head being on a swivel haha. Lifts would have a heart attack over there.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #12
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
When I started flying around for work 25 years ago, maybe one plane in a hundred would have a wheel chair waiting at the gate for a passenger. Now, every single plane without exception has at least one if not five wheel chairs waiting on the ramp to haul a fat phucker to their next gate or whoever the fat people are going. I'm sitting on a plane now. I boarded after they loaded two fat people in wheel chairs into an RJ. It's amazing that people eat themselves into disability at this rate. I can't relate.

Now if you drink yourself to death or OD on drugs or your heart explodes from too much tren, you make sense to me. But to eat yourself to state of not being able to walk? Wtf do people get out of that?
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote