Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

A Creeper, me? Naaa

Got my 17 year old daughter a gym membership last week. Knowing she is a procrastinator like me, tonight I suggested we lift together. It’s a win-win; we get each other in the gym, which as you know, is half the battle. Well, she’s a girl after my own heart because the main thing she wants to lift for is muscular legs! I’m rehabbing my legs and want to teach her a basic program she can replicate so I convinced her to superset lunges with straight-legged deadlifts, 10x10 each. We set up a station and went at it! We get along very well and were laughing most of the time. Both are challenged at math so we did more like 15 sets of each. Trust me, Wednesday will be challenging for sitting down. The gym was busy with guys and girls with a multi-cultural setting (except four guys doing squats wearing only socks, ughh!)
    Anyway we finished with cycling for 20 minutes then got water. I insisted we both wash our hands with plenty of soap as a good practice, because, “You never know what you can pick up in a gym!”
    As we then joined up and walked to our cars she said a 20 something girl approached her in the locker room and asked, “Hey can I ask you something?” My daughter said, “Sure!” Then the girl asked, “Hey, are you ok with that guy!” Wow! My daughter laughed at first, then thanked her for watching out for her before responding, “Umm, that “guy” is my Dad!” Ha, then my Daughter told me, “She thought you were a Creeper! “What,” I said, “ridiculous!” Funny, we were having such a good time they thought I just met her and was hitting on her! (People are weird!) Crazy, but I think that’s funny, then asked my Daughter, “How do you know she’s not a creeper?” “Did she offer you a ride home?” Ha ha, we had a good laugh over that. Jeez, not every guy is hard to land another lass, bass or ass! It’s funny because my daughter is 17 but looks 14 and with my gray hair I easily look 55. Shee-it, wait until I show up with a 24 year old next summer, but I digress. Just for that my daughter and I are lifting tomorrow too! To quote Bogart, “ I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship!”
  • Dawgpound_Hank

10 x 10 supersets isn't a "basic program" for a girl (or anyone for that matter) who's just starting working out. It's great she wants to hit the gym with you, but ya might wanna be more open-minded and let her do a routine more well rounded and something that is more enjoyable. Otherwise she might not wanna stick with it.

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

You just posted you were getting back into the gym recently and you are starting with supersets? Working a single muscle group? Both of you should be doing a full body workout until you harden up enough to push yourself a little and then start splitting up your routine. You are an unusual one brother.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Friggemall

Just how long are you let out of the asylum each day?

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

Ok creeper! At least you're enjoying your time together. How's she feeling today? She's young so I don't see her starting off on a high note a bad thing, but I bet she's gonna be sore for a week. Just watch her form.

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

You both will be miserable tomorrow. Enjoy it.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A1food4u

I have lifted with my daughter just one summer then the boy friend stepped in.... It was a great time though, just like when I coached her pitching I like to push the ceiling and get her out of her comfort zone.

Shes a solid athlete with drive. Recently the wifey said we should join a gym so we had something we could do together in retirement.... I love that woman!!! Joined last week... she hates my rusty plated ole basement dungeon... lol... it is easier working the machine circuit. just move the stack pin to change weight.

Comment

Working...