Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Tweaked my chest again

Tweaked it a couple weeks back. Nothing too terrible but I did a couple good sets with decent weight then had to basically use half the weight I normally would. I did a bunch of sets. Like 25-30 reps. Does this even do anything for hypertrophy? Probably gonna lighten it up for a couple weeks to prevent further injury but I hate feeling like I'm not getting the best workout for the muscle. I get it to the point where it's fatigued and I can't do anymore. Did a lot of push ups as well.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

Better listen to those signals or you're gonna regret it. I had that same shit 12 years back. I was doing heavy flat db presses, and "tweaked" the right pec. Stopped immediate and done with chest for the day. Took it light and easy next few workouts. Came in one day, started with incline smith press, and tore my right pec. It never even bruised up, but I've had a big gap/hole near the pec/delt tie-in ever since. Funny thing is I wasn't even up to my working poundage yet when it happened. In hindsite, that tweak was worse than I thought, and I shoulda took it easier longer to let it heal 100%. When that happens, paranoia sets in, and you're always wondering when/if it's gonna happen again. Hence, i don't think I went heavy on chest day the following 3 years.

To add, I was running tren. The ONLY 2x I ever tore a muscle, I was on tren. First a calf, then a pec. Tren is famous for muscle tears.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Better listen to those signals or you're gonna regret it. I had that same shit 12 years back. I was doing heavy flat db presses, and "tweaked" the right pec. Stopped immediate and done with chest for the day. Took it light and easy next few workouts. Came in one day, started with incline smith press, and tore my right pec. It never even bruised up, but I've had a big gap/hole near the pec/delt tie-in ever since. Funny thing is I wasn't even up to my working poundage yet when it happened. In hindsite, that tweak was worse than I thought, and I shoulda took it easier longer to let it heal 100%. When that happens, paranoia sets in, and you're always wondering when/if it's gonna happen again. Hence, i don't think I went heavy on chest day the following 3 years.

To add, I was running tren. The ONLY 2x I ever tore a muscle, I was on tren. First a calf, then a pec. Tren is famous for muscle tears.
I've pulled them over the years more times than I can count. Usually about every 6 months. I'm gonna lighten it up for a little while and let it heal. Probably just pushups and light dumbbells for a month.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
b52

Thanks Alpha. I'm still pretty young. 33 but I've been lifting since 15. I do have a problem with taking it easy but I don't have a choice currently. I have to. As far as goals, it's just progress. I don't like doing anything and feeling like I didn't get anywhere. Who knows lightweights might be a pleasant surprise.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Unless you are going to compete and you have to find your limits there is no point in training at max. Think longevity.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #6
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
I’m older but I like switching to lighter weights every once in awhile and I definitely still add size. As long as you are still hitting failure by last set you will grow. Just need to do higher reps. Try 15-20 reps for a bit. You will get nice pump and it will burn like hell. You will grow. I gaurrantee it. There’s no way anything that painful isn’t doing something productive. That is the saying isn’t it? No pain, no gain! You will feel a new level of pain. Try it.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #7
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Go easy brother. Better going easy for 6-8 weeks then being out 6-8 months...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:17 PM   #8
b52

Yah gonna go easy for a little bit. Much higher reps and light weight. Did that the past couple workouts and I'm sore as hell. I guess my body deserves a break after hitting it hard for 25 weeks. I should probably do it more often.