Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pumpitdude
    Vet
    • Jan 2007

I don't know what to say about cardio. I said this before and non of you mofo's belive me but I do cardio 5-6 times a week , which comes as cycling class ( full one hour) or running non stop at 5.4 mph. ( about 35 minutes). I lift half as much as I do cardio and eat anywhere between 2000-3000 calories per day and I am up 8 pounds over a 2 month period. 6.2 228 %15bf endo/mesmo

Granted my stamina is way better than it was 2 months ago, my resting heart rate is going below 60 at some times and so cardiovascular health and endurance benefits are great. But it has not helped me as far as losing weight. To this day, best results I have seen came from eating a somewhat calorie restricted clean diet, pulling dinners to 4pm latest and lifting light but consistently. Definetly not cardio.

To prove my point I'll even add this. I have been going to the same gym for about a year now and there are people who use the treadmil on a daily basis. After a while you know what others workout schedule's are. These people ( young/middle aged women and men) also run ,cycle etc.. like crazy and they have also have almost 0 body transformation since the first time I saw them and they have been doing cardio way longer than I have. So either there is a very specific, scientific way of doing cardio like at certain times of the day under certain blood sugar concentrations and with a way of mixing it up constantly, or it is just horseshit.

I wish one of you dude's was close by and come could workout with me... meh

Comment

• Shovel
      VET
      • Jul 2011

That'd be light cardio... Long, but light. What is your heart rate getting too.?
      Cycling on a stationary bike is just gettin warmed up! If you're 6'2" 7mph should be easy to jog at with a big stride.
      Sprints are better IMO.
      Semper Fi

Comment

• Pumpitdude
        Vet
        • Jan 2007

Cycling on a stationary bike is not warm up when u are taking a cycling class. That lady destroys us lol.

I usually run 5.4mph and then do a 3 minute 8-8.5 mph sprint right at the end. Heart rate without the sprint is around 150.

Comment

• legaljuicer
          VET
          • May 2005

I should but don't
          Being a Ninja and working in the shadows to be a Beast next year

Comment

• BikerTrash
            Vet
            • Aug 2011

I did 7 min on the Eliptical today after Leg day !!!!!!! Whooo Hooooo......then I had to sit down on the machine and wait to catch a breath to walk tothe sauna .

Comment

• Shovel
              VET
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BikerTrash
              I did 7 min on the Eliptical today after Leg day !!!!!!! Whooo Hooooo......then I had to sit down on the machine and wait to catch a breath to walk tothe sauna .
              I do that too, just to burn em out. It's only for 2 minutes at hardest setting though...
              Semper Fi

Comment

• Avery

I'm starting back after being off a while and I would like to know if there are any good work outs listed on the board, I am working out 5 days a week and need some good workout examples I can look over, If you guys have some time could you post your training techniques including which muscles on what days....

Comment

• nightrain116
                  Vet
                  • Sep 2012

10 min. warm up on eliptical... then 45 min to an hr on weights..... then 30 minutes on stair machine... slow setting is 80 steps per minute then at 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5 min mark the pace goes to 140 for 1 minute... that pace is a slight jog on stairs...

Comment

• Glycomann

Periodically. I run all summer, roll once a month or so, hit the heavy bag for 1/2 hour twice a week, walk 2 miles 5 days a week and do the elliptical 4-5 days a week just as a warm up for 10 minutes. I'm 5'8" and based on calipers fluctuate between 10 and 14% BF throughout the year ranging from200-220 lbs.

Comment

• Number-LL
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2012

Usually a bike at the gym or my basement. I get 4-5 25-30 minute sessions in a week. Just started back a little over a month ago but I feel much better.

Oh, also get attached by the kids in the pool a couple times a week.
                      I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Coleman

Hi Shovel,
                        I do 3 minutes cardio exercises after my routine workouts and 50 minutes on Sunday only because Sunday is my off day. Cardio exercises are great to burn fat, boost metabolism and to lose weight.
                        san antonio weight loss

Comment

• millenium girl
                          • Apr 2006

I walk a lot (at work) and I do cross fit and during my workouts I don't take any rest between sets (which is like doing cardio without using the treadmill ).
                          Don't forget to join
                          http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                          http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• jboldman
                            VET
                            • Feb 2007

you can not be young forever and cardio for caridovascular health is important over the long run if you want to stay in the game. walking 3-10miles/day in mild months and 5mpd on the treadmill during cold works for me.

jb

Originally posted by Freezerdude
                            I'm slowly starting back doing it, Before my surgery I was up walking 3 miles ever Morning with the wife she does 5 miles ED and I was really starting to tell a big difference in that stubborn love handle fat to.. So soon I'll be back to my morning walks..
                            Admin CuttingEdgeMuscle.com

Comment

Working...