boxing for cardio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urafreak

boxing for cardio?

want to get a bag for my basement... can half an hour of pounding the bag be classifed as cardio?
  • Easto

Hit the bag for 30 mins and let us know how tired you are. I bet 5 minutes will have you huffing and puffing.

I think when it comes to cardio, different is good. If you rotate between a few different cardio exercises, you can keep things fresh and interesting.

Comment

• FContact
      • Oct 2003

It could be a bit catabolic.

Disclaimer: PremierMuscle and FContact do not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• urafreak

Originally posted by FContact
        It could be a bit catabolic.
        30 minutes too much?

Comment

• urafreak

Originally posted by Easto
          Hit the bag for 30 mins and let us know how tired you are. I bet 5 minutes will have you huffing and puffing.

I think when it comes to cardio, different is good. If you rotate between a few different cardio exercises, you can keep things fresh and interesting.
          i've boxed a little before and ya 5 minutes is all it takes to get out of breath... i think its the weight of the gloves that really does it...

Comment

• FContact
            • Oct 2003

How many days/wk will you be doing it?

Disclaimer: PremierMuscle and FContact do not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by urafreak
              i've boxed a little before and ya 5 minutes is all it takes to get out of breath... i think its the weight of the gloves that really does it...

I hear you.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• urafreak

How many days/wk will you be doing it?
                4-5 i had planned on.

Comment

• rado

I've done it before a few times(notice how I said "few")

It's a great workout, just that after some time you get bored of it, at least I did

Or just put a picture of a recent scammer like him and you will never get tired of punching the shit out of it
                  Attached Files

Comment

• FContact
                    • Oct 2003

I'd keep it at 4 days, and when practicing concentrate completly on power and not speed. Concentrating on speed will have you getting closer to the catabolic side.

Comment

• urafreak

I'd keep it at 4 days, and when practicing concentrate completly on power and not speed. Concentrating on speed will have you getting closer to the catabolic side.
                      sounds good. thanks for the tip.

Comment

• FContact
                        • Oct 2003

Also use short combos not long ones. You can throw in occasional long ones.

Comment

• urafreak

woo-ee! used it tonight, felt great... really great.

anyone know at what height a punching bag should be hung at? i hung it up using the chain it came with but it seems a little low...

Comment

• rado

Originally posted by urafreak
                            woo-ee! used it tonight, felt great... really great.

anyone know at what height a punching bag should be hung at? i hung it up using the chain it came with but it seems a little low...
                            The bottom part of the bag should be around your belly button height.

Comment

Working...