bulk then cut or the other way around??????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spanky10940

bulk then cut or the other way around??????

Currently I'm

6'1
    230lbs...
    31yrs old

I'm getting back into lifting seriously after a long hiatus and I wanted to know:

I'm here obviously because I want to grow - but I still have some (ok alot) of blubber on me...

would you start a bulking program and then cut or should I try to get to my ideal weight with a training progam geared towards that?

thanks!!!
  • 'RD'

whats up,....
    I wouldn't start off adding more weight if you haven't been lifting and you think you're bodyfatis a bit high.Hit the gym hard for awhile and decide later.Eat a clean diet and bust ass in the gym,you may change your mind about bulking right now.......

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by RD
      whats up,....
      I wouldn't start off adding more weight if you haven't been lifting and you think you're bodyfatis a bit high.Hit the gym hard for awhile and decide later.Eat a clean diet and bust ass in the gym,you may change your mind about bulking right now.......

I agree if you have considerable bodyfat, I see no sense in adding more.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• rado

I would cut 1st then bulk. If you need some help with the fat loss, I would do some ECA/Clen to help you along the way. What are your prior AS usages?

Comment

• Gilly

Spanky the guys have given you solid advice,diet,cardio and as rado suggests a good ECA/Clen stack .Get down to a good bodyfat level because the other bonus is after dieting your body responds well to adding good muscle mass.Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

Comment

• spanky10940

thanks for the help everyone...

I've started this week with a high rep program to drop the rest of this off me..
            as far as AS - I've only used Clem to cut and half-assed a d-bol but I want to do it when it's going to be beneficial. This was my thinking, tell me just how screwed up I am;

work for 4-6weeks just cutting and getting in shape for some serious lifting with plenty of cardio... depending on how I feel at the end of that program, I'll either start to add some heavy weight but that's when I'll need guidance for the AS...

The diet is what I'm researching now so I can drop as much as I can in the next month and a half. Now onto the diet & nutrition forum...

Comment

• angrylifter

i think your on the right track - i have cut and gained and cut and gained for the last 4 years - i am a wrestler, and so i know how to get it done - i like your thinking, but i wouldn't CUT, wieght - i have many times, and it does take a lot out of you. imo, just work on watching what you eat, getting in plenty of cardio and weight train with some higher reps. by doing that, you will probably get some lbs off easy, yet still have energy, and build a little too - theres many benifits to it.
              i dont know if you know - but one thing that works really well to shed lbs, or keep at a certain weight, for a diet, reverse your meals, eat dinner in the morning, and then have your reg 6 or so meals during the day, so you can burn off everything, and have a salad at night - with a protien shake maybe, it worked well for me - and i thought it was awsome, my friend lost 20lbs and stayed there just eating like that, and then cut more off when we started practice - but yeah - i think this is going to be easy for ya - you have WAY more than enough info to get something started

Comment

• BigPK

What is ur favorite shot, or ride???? I wrestled as well...

Comment

• angrylifter

i love to stick to the basics - to hit a double leg take down - and i love to leg ride - to pin - my favorite has to be the nearside cradle - or old fashion half - its deadly!

Comment

• rado

Originally posted by angrylifter
                    i love to stick to the basics - to hit a double leg take down - and i love to leg ride - to pin - my favorite has to be the nearside cradle - or old fashion half - its deadly!
                    gotta love the cradle

Comment

Working...