overtrain?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trv

overtrain?

Hi there, do you think following this workout rutine can led to overtraning:
    Mon: Chest/Delts/Triceps
    Tue: Back/Biceps/traps
    Wed: Legs
    Thu: (same as Monday)
    fri: (same as tuesday)
    sat/sun off.

thanks

trv
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

It depends on how long you stay in the gym, if you blast your muscles two to three hours each day, then yes you will overtrain. But if you bust ass in the gym for only an hour, you should be fine with that workout.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• urafreak

please post your stats and goals. are you trying to lean out or get bigger?

and welcome to the board.

Comment

• trv

overtrain

Thanks for the reply guys, I am 40 years old, I used to workout like 13 years ago,
        now I have returned to the gym and I/ve been training for a year, I want to get big, (keeping a little bit iof detail) my current weight is 190 lbs. and I am 5' 9".

Thanks for all your info

trv.

Comment

• Easto

How long have you been working out?

If you are new to working out, then I think you may be fine with this routine (for now). As you get more experience, you will find that you will need more rest between workouts in order to stay fresh and strong in the weight room.

You could always do something like:

Monday: Chest
          Tuesday: Back
          Wednesday: Shoulders
          Thursday: Arms
          Friday: Legs
          Saturday: Rest
          Sunday :Rest

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Easto
            How long have you been working out?

If you are new to working out, then I think you may be fine with this routine (for now). As you get more experience, you will find that you will need more rest between workouts in order to stay fresh and strong in the weight room.

Sunday :Rest

I misread the initial post, I would start a split such as this right now bro, your gains will be better. The only thing that I would change is I would do legs on wednesday.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• trv

confused.

Sunday :Rest[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! But following this split don't you think it's toolittle? we would be training I.e. arms only 4 times a month? tha is what gets me confused ,back in the day ( 1989,1990) we used to work the muscles 3 times per week!, some of us even 3 times per week ( following Arnold's split) now everydoby wants to work out only once a week, and do 3 set of 10 reps and have arms like Matt Duvall! !!!!!!(24")
              I know that recuperation is key but I think too much is ad bad as overtraining!!

Comment

• FContact
                • Oct 2003

Chest, Back, then Legs? You guys think his cns recovery won't be an issue?

Disclaimer: PremierMuscle and FContact do not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• tuke05

sounds like its a good workout to me

Comment

• liftsiron
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by FContact
                    Chest, Back, then Legs? You guys think his cns recovery won't be an issue?

That's how I do my split. I suppose it depends on the person, i use to do legs before chest and back days in my split. I noticed that i was considerably weaker on chest day. i switched to chet, back then legs, and this hasn't seemed to affect my leg workout nor recovery,
                    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• house1

i always keep a couple days in between back and legs--if you train heavy and hard doing them back to back will burn you out

Comment

Working...