DEADLIFTS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuke05

DEADLIFTS

hey i am 6'1' an i jus have shit form for deads....fo some reason i cant get the right form down....can someone help explain the perfect form? becuase i can only do 330x5 an im thinkin its cuz i use all back an i cant get the right form wit my legs
  • LesserMan

Originally posted by tuke05
    hey i am 6'1' an i jus have shit form for deads....fo some reason i cant get the right form down....can someone help explain the perfect form? becuase i can only do 330x5 an im thinkin its cuz i use all back an i cant get the right form wit my legs
    Hey buddy~

Stand with your legs shoulder width apart - toes forward

I use a double overhand grip b/c using a mixed grip over-developed one trap and one erector. I heard switching grip could correct this although I'm interested in switch grips when weight's getting moved in volumes

Grab the bar and bring your ass as low possible. Getting low will require your hams do more work from the.

Before you lift, think about driving your heals through the ground. This will help engage your hams.

Keep your chin and head up as this keep your back straight. When your back does engage in the lift, it will like envelop where the movement will be generated by your glutes and hips.

Two good ways to train deads to get the form right and legs into it:

1: Do the lift with no weight have a side of your body face the mirror. Watch the movement with your head turned - that's why I suggest no weight - so you have the image in your head when you lift normally. It should lok a 'Z' where the first part to open is the legs and second being your back opening from being against your quads.

2: Do the lift with 25lb plates opposed to 45's. This will require doing far less weight but will force you to engage you legs.

-------------

These things worked for me. I'm 5'5 175 @ 8% and have max dead of 485-490
    and 315 x 15.

It's nothing great but getting the form right by what I have suggested above has helped me make gains

LesserMan

Comment

• tuke05

thanks bro
      and welcome to SS

Comment

• rado

If you have poor form, then it's too much weight. If you didn't have so much weight, your body would not "give" at improper form. Lower the wieght and you will see what I mean.

Comment

• LesserMan

I just found this link...maybe it will help as well

Comment

• tuke05

Originally posted by LesserMan
            I just found this link...maybe it will help as well

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BDeadlift.html
            from the looks of this im doin em right...oh ye i put up 405 on em for a rep i guess my tech is gettin better...thanks lesser

Comment

• ctgblue

I can only add:
              Try to start the movement with the head and shoulders going up, then engage the legs.
              If you don't do this, at near maximal weight, you're gonna be standing up and "backing it up" at the end
              If you have a super strong lower back that may work, if not, it is a sure path towards injuries
              Also, I wear baggies when I deadlift, you really need to be grazing the shins with it and if you don't chalk or wrap, you'll bruise the crap out of them.
              Once I got my form down 500+ went up easy, 600 from the rack at 12" above ground.
              I use an alternating grip and chalk (no straps) and switch the hands between each rep set, but I use my most comfortable alt grip at max weight (you've always got ONE that just feels better)
              Remember, If you can't lift it without straps, You CAN'T REALLY Lift It.
              Good luck, start dropping the belt up to 75% of max weight and it will force you to keep your form also.

Comment

Working...